Sign in to follow this  
Mr.CNC

coupe wheels pics?

At the point I am at now I might push my rear 1/4's out or mini tub it. I have no inner fenders in yet and just put on new 1/4's. I pulled on them the other night I think I can go about 3/4-1" more if I just push the fenders out.

IMO they look awesome from the front, but when I look at one from the back, I'm like holy shit thats a tall lip! idk what it is it looks weird to me. I'd like to graft in a FB decklid lip and corners

took the words right out of my head, lol. I agree the rear is crazy looking nothing to really break it up, I might make my own rear Duck Tail Spoiler but thats when I have the car running....

I wish they made better rear spoilers for the coupes.

2012-01-03_14-14-26_792.jpg

2005 GT Wheels (Same BS as 2005-2012 i think)

245/45/17 front .. 255/50/17 rear

1/2 coil cut off front springs with shelby drop

4.5 leaf gat mid eye in rear.

and yes.. that was a hot wheels logo airbrushed on the car in place of "Mustang"

sad day when It got wrecked and I had to put on new fenders

Can I get an Amen???

Hopefully within the next year I can finally get a decent bodied Coupe on this guys poor college boy budget... I can finally start experiementing with a few body mods I've always wanted to do. The Mach/Fastback decklid/corner ducktail is first in line, flush fit bumpers, and deleting the drip rail would soon follow :w00t:

took the words right out of my head, lol. I agree the rear is crazy looking nothing to really break it up, I might make my own rear Duck Tail Spoiler but thats when I have the car running....

The actual Shelby setup designed for the verts is not as tall as that aftermarket one and it has the center divided as well which does just that, breaks it up, especially if done in black and with a balck tail panel even more so. The aftermarket kit is obviously designed to be an easier bolt on to stock coupes and verts but not sure why they made it so much taller than a sportsroof or Shelby.

Picture_004.sized.jpg

The actual Shelby setup designed for the verts is not as tall as that aftermarket one and it has the center divided as well which does just that, breaks it up, especially if done in black and with a balck tail panel even more so. The aftermarket kit is obviously designed to be an easier bolt on to stock coupes and verts but not sure why they made it so much taller than a sportsroof or Shelby.

Picture_004.sized.jpg

That is exactly what I've been saying! I have the shelby rear and its not that tall at all. The boss spoiler that bolts on the trunk is much taller. But I guess everyone has their own opinion.

Picture_004.sized.jpg

That does look much better!

Picture_004.sized.jpg

remember to install the correct weather strip on the deck lid when doing the shelby deck lid and end caps.... im not so sure mine is the correct weather strip... or the fitment wasn't correct... the insert makes it stand out that much more... notice original fitment it was level...

Edited by stangme428

Does anyone out there run 17's all around, with same tires up front and in back? I'd like the option of swapping front/back. If so, what tire size is best for this? I really want to avoid the tire rub up front.

I know the big thing now is larger and larger rims, but I think I'm limiting it to 17since I want it to have a largely stock look, while still being custom.

Any advice?

Jay

Does anyone out there run 17's all around, with same tires up front and in back? I'd like the option of swapping front/back. If so, what tire size is best for this? I really want to avoid the tire rub up front.

I know the big thing now is larger and larger rims, but I think I'm limiting it to 17since I want it to have a largely stock look, while still being custom.

Any advice?

Jay

I did. I had 17x8 TT II's all around I had 234/45 (Front) 245/45 (rear), you can easily have 245 in front with no problem.

DSC00279.jpg

l_4a983fad6a278012ed05b262461fdc4d.jpg

Good thread. Lots of good info.

Mr.CNC, Looks like ccw 505's ( I think or 505a's) and ccw classics? They are nice wheels. Got some on my supra. Expensive though. I bought a used set ( guy used them for 1 season) and it was 2500 wheels and rubber.

I have to get wider in the rear next season. The 275's aren't going to hook with the power it will be making. So i'll be watching this thread. :)

Good thread. Lots of good info.

Mr.CNC, Looks like ccw 505's ( I think or 505a's) and ccw classics? They are nice wheels. Got some on my supra. Expensive though. I bought a used set ( guy used them for 1 season) and it was 2500 wheels and rubber.

I have to get wider in the rear next season. The 275's aren't going to hook with the power it will be making. So i'll be watching this thread. :)

xxr wheel's does sell a "Replica" of the ccw classics. so if you can't pay that Kind of money on CCW wheel's, XXR's wheels are you 2nd best Affordable choice.

http://www.xxrwheels.com/xxr_531_18.shtml