Sign in to follow this  
juit

2bbl autolite 2100 VS motorcraft 2150 wich one you preffer? and why

I have installed on my 302 a working 2 bbl autolite 2100

in the shop that I go and visit from time to time they were going to throw a motorcraft 2150 so I rescue it from the old metal wagon :nono:

do you think that this carb work better than my autolite?

wich one you preffer? and why

also the 2150 carb dont have:

Choke pull-down diaphragm

Choke housing

Throttle positioner solenoid with dashpot

some other pieces

The 2100 is a huge runner for Ford. A success story, it is used on so many cars from 1968 to 1975. It is simple and easy to maintain and has a lot going for it. I don't know of any advantage of the 2150, so why bother?

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 2100 out of two carbs. I just put on a Holley 500 which I normally like but my mileage went to the crapper with it. So I will try the franken 2100 and see how it goes.

Jim

I have several 2150's on the shelf. Some are brand new as they were used for demonstration in a college and a couple came from a ford dealership.

I can sell them pretty reasonable to you as they are just taking up space. Let me know ....I can post a few pics if necessary....thanks...John

I can put them in a box and get a rough cost for you if you like?

Give me your address and zip. How about $50 for all carbs in the pictures plus shipping.? I don't think a couple of those have had fuel in them. Note the one still has the idle mixture limiters on it.

There are a few small pieces missing from a couple but you can certainly build i'd say 3 out of the 4 for sure.

Let me know if i can help....regards....john

I have the Motocraft 2150 and like it. I live at 7000 feet but do not notice a difference between any other carbs. I have only had the 2150 on my mustang but I have a 77 f150 Ranger and that has an autolite. Can't remeber the modle number but probably a 2100 since it has a 302. Both work the same if you ask me.

does it has the variable high-speed air bleeds? Im digging that idea, i found a 1.08 jet on the carbs that Im taking apart, Im wating for a nice core to start building it

I can put them in a box and get a rough cost for you if you like?

Give me your address and zip. How about $50 for all carbs in the pictures plus shipping.? I don't think a couple of those have had fuel in them. Note the one still has the idle mixture limiters on it.

There are a few small pieces missing from a couple but you can certainly build i'd say 3 out of the 4 for sure.

Let me know if i can help....regards....john

I might take you up on that offer if no one else does, those carbs have a lot of good parts I could use and I actually need a decent 2v carb for the stock 351 2v in my 69 cougar right now

ha ha ha ha XD sadly this is not my only hobby, paintball takes a lot of my cash, aquaponics takes also its toll: ,

Im considering dropping paintball but hitting people legally makes it tough to leave it :sneaky2:

Edited by juit