Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Need answer ASAP Fastback side scoop ??

I've read about this on this site before, but I can't find it, so forgive me if I ask again. My question is regarding the use of a seal like the type used on the rear quarter extension and front fender on the 1/4 panel side scoop.

I recall reading that the Fastback side scoop doesn't use a seal.

Today when visiting the Bodyshop I was told that if a seal isn't used, that the pressure from the side scoop against the 1/4 panel will cause to paint to chip or crack. He said that every time he test fits the side scoop he notices that the top part of the scoop presses hard. He has tried countless adjustments with no success. He suggested to put spacers on the bolts to bring the scoop out about a 1/16 of an inch. I don't know about that?????????

I appreciate any opinions.

Thanks John

I don't want the paint to chip or crack off, so what should I do?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've replaced every piece of outter sheetmetal with with Dynacorn products besides the roof and we still needed to massage a number of pieces. The shaker hood was the worst, as well as the the upper corner of the fender to door areas. I was hoping this would of been a bondo free car but it's far from that, reason why it has been at the shop so long.

I'm using Dynacorn Full Quarters and original Ford scoops.

Were having a hard time getting the side scoop to relax against the body panel.

I'm doing the same and have figured out that I will need to cut the flat part of the mount off and weld again in order to aligned the bolt holes correctly. These are not correctly welded to the brackets attached to the quarter itself.

One of mine is off so bad that I can't even wiggle the scoop in at all. The other side, I'm able to get the scoop in, but can't get it high enough because the bracket is welded on just slightly too low. I imagine Buckeyedemons's results will be similar to what I have to accept on my car, as well. There probably isn't much we can do about this, unfortunately.