Sign in to follow this  
Chris'69Mach

What wheels should I get?? I am torn ...

What tires and sizes do you have on there .... btw .... great job on your build!!!

The fronts are 235-60-15 and the rear are 255-60-15. I did a ton of studying before I bought them and so far I am very happy with the size. I really like the staggered look myself.

Thanks! It's been a work in progress for a long time now.

I think I have made up my mind on the wheel set up. I will more than likely go with the torque thrust II's and follow 69mustang's lead and go with 15x7's with the 235/60's on the front and the 15x8's with the 255/60 on the rear. I think, being able to see the brakes is a much sharper look IMHO.

I get the keys from the resto shop next week and will head to the Ford show in Carlisle, PA in June to see if I can get a good deal on wheels and maybe tires. Will be looking for new seats with beefier bolsters than the stock seats. The seats in the car atm are not stock and make it a mutha getting in the seat under the steering wheel. I am looking for a lower profile seat rather than getting a new steering column with tilt.

I have the fold down seat but missing the fold down assembly .... I will be looking for that too if the resto shop doesn't pull the trigger and get it beforehand.

LOL, I was just about to say let the brakes decide, if you have 4 wheel discs show em off, if you have drums then hide em with the magnums.

I've got 13" dics up front now but drums outback still so I'm doing the 17" magnums, I've always loved the look of the magnum and I'm a big fan of the stock at a glance look where average joe knows something is different but he just can't put his finger on it.

Ok, I finally pulled the trigger on wheels and tires. I got a great package deal from performanceplustire.com with Cragar 610B S/S RWD Polished 15x7 and 15x8 and the Cooper Cobra Radial GT 235/60R/15 on front and 255/60R/15 on the rear. Mounted, balanced, set of lugs with free shipping for $1,023.00. Exactly what I wanted at a real good price!!

Will post pics when I get them on the car :thumbup1:

Edited by Chris'69Mach