Sign in to follow this  
mustangindia

Dash assembly help

Hi,

I need some help with the assembly of my dash area.

The first picture (taken from the bottom, from the pedals) is of a bracket that is part of the steering column support, it seems to be moveable. it falls right behind where the lower dash meets the steering column. What is this for? ie what fits here?

The second picture is of a dash support bracket. Where does this go?

If possible, photos of these would be great. Can't make either out from the diagrams.

Thanks,

Sid

Here is a shot of the bracket. It goes on top of the first nut for the booster or master

brake cylinder. The nut has varied in style I have seen over the years. It then bolts to the bottom of the lower dash with the same sheet metal screw you'll find for the gas take or splash shields etc. The other shot show the steering column brackets, hopefully that picture helps.

69mustangcoupedetails009.jpg

100_077069_zps2205bf91.jpg

Thanks @armond that helps alot.

Can you tell me what the bracket (circled in red in your picture, below) is for/does? it seems to have some movement, and there is a corresponding hole above it but a gap of an inch +-. (the first picture in my first post, also circled in red)

Thanks

The bracket that attach's to the steering column, should be tight. The bracket that attach's to the pedal bracket should be in place but slightly loose. As the column is raised into position, the stud attached to the column bracket should slide into the one that is to the left. it is left loose, once everything is in place, then that nut you see is tightened up. It is basically an alignment bracket. A few tips, You can move the column backward or forward for some adjustment. You can do this once it is place by loosing the bottom nuts of the column bracket. usually on fastbacks they had two extra aluminum spacers so as to lower the column. Coupes didn't have them usually. so can adjust the height here also. If this doesn't make sense I can get a better picture for you.

Mustangcolumn69_zps998068ce.jpg