Sign in to follow this  
cjtm95

Rim and tire help

Hey, I'm fairly new to the site and haven't had my mustang for very long. I am looking at buying new rims and found 17x9s, but I am not sure if they will fit in the front and rear, and if there has to be any modifications done to make them fit, I'm 17, and pay for this myself, so I hope there are no big modifications required to accommodate the wider rims. I know there are a lot of threads on here about wheel size and some were very helpful, but none mentioned wheels as wide as 9 in. in the front, and it had me worried. I am still a little clueless on some of the terminology as well, so any additional advice is much appreciated. By the way I drive a 69 coup, 302. So anybody who drives the same, I'm willing to listen to any wheel combinations that have worked for you in the past.

Thank you

you may have some problems with that wide of a tire in the front concerning the upper control are ball joint hitting the rim. I think most guys here, under 18" rims try to stay with a 8" wide rim. 20" rims sound like they clear the upper control arm just fine though, but probably rub

Okay thank you guys for responding. Thankfully I found another set similar to what I was looking for, these are 17x8 and I hope these will fit all the way around. This message is mainly for ramair351, I would like to know what size tires you used with this size rim. Keeping in mind that it is a daily driver and has to handle real roads and other obstacles such as speed bumps. I just don't want tires so big that they rub everytime I hit a crack in the road, or tires that are so low profie it's like they aren't even there. So a good medium between the two is what I'm going for, but I'd still like the car to look aggressive. I know I'm looking for the best of both worlds, but any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

ok, thanks, this may be a dumb question, but do you know if there are any differences bewteen the 69 and 70 in terms of wheel well space? and are there any differences between coupe and fastback?

ok, thanks, this may be a dumb question, but do you know if there are any differences bewteen the 69 and 70 in terms of wheel well space? and are there any differences between coupe and fastback?

i dont believe there are any difference, between years or body styles