latoracing

Which Wheel do you prefer?

Which Wheel do you like Best?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wheel do you like Best?

• Forgeline ZX-3
    • Rushforth Night Train
    • Forgeline GA-3

I have narrowed my list of wheels I'd like to buy, down to 3. Two of them are Forgeline, (ZX-3 and GA-3) and Rushforth's Night Train. All of them are a 3 piece construction, and all in the same price range (Expensive). The finish I am leaning twards is a Titanum Powder Coat center, with a satin clear powder coat / brushed finish lip. These will be 18 x 9 on the front, and 18 x 12 on the rear. I have had one of these three pics as a wall paper on my phone for several months at a time, just to see if I would get sick of them, because I made myself look at them every day. I do not want to hate my choice down the road and wish I had done something different. I have included a Photo Shop that Jason Rushforth did for me just to give an idea of what the car could look like. Let me know what ya think.

Thanx,

Mike

18x9 up front?

what are you planing to do with the car?

what kind of suspension do you have?

what steering do you have?

I am going to see if a 275-35-18 will fit up front, with a little help, if not then a little smaller.

This is a Auto X / Open Track / "Street" car, the lines will be blurry on the "street" porton, guess you could call it a G-Machine, not quite Pro Touring.

I just got a tracking # Friday for 90% of my suspension components from Street or Track, I got a "Sport" valved suspension system (coil overs, 3-link, Wats Link, Full Floater 9", 13" front brakes...) so mostly covered, and I will post an inventory list later this week, with pics...

Haven't decided on that quite yet. Going Manual, either stockish steering box, or TCP, don't know yet.

I am going to see if a 275-35-18 will fit up front, with a little help, if not then a little smaller.

This is a Auto X / Open Track / "Street" car, the lines will be blurry on the "street" porton, guess you could call it a G-Machine, not quite Pro Touring.

I just got a tracking # Friday for 90% of my suspension components from Street or Track, I got a "Sport" valved suspension system (coil overs, 3-link, Wats Link, Full Floater 9", 13" front brakes...) so mostly covered, and I will post an inventory list later this week, with pics...

Haven't decided on that quite yet. Going Manual, either stockish steering box, or TCP, don't know yet.

i think the street or track system is a good idea, because it's adjustable.

you might also want to consider reinforcing the shock towers if that has not been done yet.

with 275/35R18 up front, i would drop the idea of going manual with a stockish steering box, and i would get something power steering with very little or no play.

i got 235/40R18 on 8x18 up front and i had to roll the fender after doing the shelby drop with stock springs.

Have you mocked up the 18x9 already? I was not able to make one fit on the stock spindle. Of course if it was spaced way out i suppose it could work, but then it would stick way outside the wheel well.

I have been patiently waiting on the suspension system from Street or Track, and have not done any type of mock up on that, but that is fixin' to change. The owner, Shaun, has a '70 sports roof that his wife drives, and he has FR-500 18x9 with spacers on the front of his ride, with no mods. The spacers make the back spacing 4.75", and they don't stick out too far. The car is not slammed by any means, it sits just right. He is running 255-35-18 on the front. I don't know what I will have to do to get 275's on the front, but I'm gona find out. Here is a link if you want to check out his facebook page, the 70 is about half way down.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-or-Track-LLC/162276150752?sk=wall