Sign in to follow this  
390mach1

Starting my 69 build

Figures they would release these after I patched mine. Those would be fun to totally install, but could be cut up and fitted where needed. If you get those parts, let us know how they fit,

I have to repair mine on the l/s also & I already purchased a repair piece from another forum member here so I will use what I already have.

Ordered them today hoping to get them by the weekend. I'm almost done cutting out all the floors and the firewall ext (toe boards). But for good news I got a great lead on a complete numbers matching 390! Looking forward to finding out more about that.

Has anyone installed a New firewall? I thinking about returning the firewall ext and replacing the whole firewall since I'm replacing the lower cowl parts. just looking for tips on what to do/how to replace it.

Thanks

Has anyone installed a New firewall? I thinking about returning the firewall ext and replacing the whole firewall since I'm replacing the lower cowl parts. just looking for tips on what to do/how to replace it.

Thanks

With the cowl out of the way, it looks to be a good time to replace the firewall. It wouldn't be to awful to pull off. If you haven't replaced your floors, and did all of the work to the torque box area first, it might go smoothly. The only draw back would be that there is basicly nothing holding the front of your car together. I would think it would need a bunch of bracing, or a fixture to keep it straight.

Yeah I just went ahead and cut it out. I got the new one fitting pretty good. I placed the floor in and bolted on doors and fenders. I'm getting ready to instal torque boxes than I can weld in the firewall and the floor. On another note the passenger side fender looks way off. But I'll have to deal with that when I get there.

Chockostang is excellent. The owner is real easy to get in touch with and is more than willing to answer questions. I've never had my PS box rebuilt by them but have ordered every other steering component from them including rebuilt control valve. Great quality. A buddy of mine has had four boxes rebuilt by them and never had an issue.

As for TCP, never used their stuff, a little too pricey for me. Their stuff was outfitted on all of the Eleanor's that the stunt drivers drove in Gone in 60 Seconds so they must be decent. They are actually members on this forum too, so you can probably reach out to them if you have any questions.