Sign in to follow this  
390mach1

Starting my 69 build

It's finally time to start my build, I picked up the car about 2 months ago and its now time to start my build. I'm basically going to be replacing all the body except the roof. I ordered 2 new Dynacorn Door Shells, Fenders, front valance, stone gaurd. There was already a new deck lid and tail light pannel on the car. I will be ordering 2 full dynacorn quarter panles and a ford tooling hood. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going shaker hood or not.

Nice, it doesn't look that bad to need all that much sheet metal. I can tell you that Dynacorn full quarters do work fairly well, I only had some minor issues on the driver's side. I went from the back to the front, something different. The rear of my build still has most of the rear frame rails, and the supporting structure of the quarter areas, everything else in the rear (most of the sail pannel) is all new. We need to start a "do it yourself Dynacorn replacement body club". Good luck with your project, if you need some help, or whatever, let me know...

It's not that bad. I just got my dad and his high standards pushing me. Received some parts today, hopping to get out in the garage this weekend and ill get some more pics. But for the time being I put some of the original parts for sale. Fenders, doors, hood. Looking to sell very reasonable to help fund the build pm me if your interested.

very upset after all the dynacorn door shells are on back order and I finally found the LH door shell from Laurel Mountain Mustang placed my order got the shell yesterday open the box only to find the do is badly damaged on both ends. I called them right way and they blammed UPS but the box is not even hurt. after going around in circles with them for 45 mins. They finally are letting me send the door back and I'm going to get my money back. I wont ever do bussiness with them again. after paying $400 for a door shell I would think they would have been nicer.

So I got my ford tooling hood and wow does that look nice! Full quarters are on there way, still trying to find doors.

My question is does anyone have a templet or anything to show were to drill the holes in the deck lid for the MUSTANG ??

Well I finally got my doors and started working on my car when right away I hit another road block. cut out the drivers side torque box and noticed the floor was put in wrong. after more looking we find all kind of bondo they used and paints it all nice and black so you cant tell. I just ordered a full floor from CJ Pony (69-70 CP/FB DYNACORN FULL FLOOR 1 PIECE - WELD-THRU). Has anyone put one of these in? just looking for anyone that's put one in.

My question is does anyone have a templet or anything to show were to drill the holes in the deck lid for the MUSTANG ??

At first I was determined to go this route but in the end I'll just use the stick on style, to many hole to drill and much to go wrong. Your build looks to be almost the same as mine except you have started. Latoracing just finished his full floor replacement, check him out - did an excellent job. Are the drip rails shaved off on yours ?

Ok, I plan on leaving my drip rails. I want the car to look pretty stock with a few upgrades. I was thinking I got into the car pretty cheap since it was an S code and he already started but now it seams I'm have to go back and re-due what was done. It will be all done and worth it one day.

Ok I got the floor almost all cut out, Both torque boxes are out, working on the floor board ext. (toe boards) someone fixed it and fixed it again so cutting through 3 floor pans is turning into a big pain in my butt. My next question is has anyone used the one piece torque boxes from CJPonys? Part #M117L/M117R I don't understand how these boxes go in.

I just installed both front torque boxes, and would recommend a two piece. It would be difficult to do any rust protection on the inside of your newly installed one piece torque box. I think it would be difficult to even get it installed in one piece, as it is a tight fit. You can buy the one piece and take it apart...

I'm looking into that option. Due to the fact I have both RH and LH 1piece boxes in the garage. Been working on getting the rest of the floor out by the rear torque boxes that is also a job. My goal now is to get the car all back to one piece instead of paint.

Made some more progress today. But also ran into a huge hurtle the vent panel on the drive side is almost completely rotted out. The did one heck of a job with bonds and black paint to make it look nice. Does anyone know if you can get new vent panels? (Panel by the A piler)?