Sign in to follow this  
bomccorkle

aod crossmember help

I have the drawings off of one. had a guy who bought one of the aftermarket crossmembers, then brought it to me wanting me to build him one that was a little beefier with better exhaust clearance. the one he bought was a flimsy p.o.s. in my opinion. i'll make a note to get those drawings I made off of his out tomorrow & put some measurements on them if you want.

They are not that difficult to make. I had my tranny rested on a floor jack when I made my measurements, cut some pieces of steel, and bolted it all together. No welding or torch needed.

My car is still in storage for the winter, so I cannot get pictures. But if I can do it, anyone can!

Thanks again everyone figured you had gotten busy no worries. I currently have the car in about a thousand pieces and while the weather is bad I try and do all the stuff I can inside. Hopefully I can get all my bits and pieces in a row and it'll go together a bit easier. I have a welder , plasma cutter , etc. Just lost on this cross member cause I don't even have the original to work off of.

Thanks again

Bo