Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Body/Paint Shop UPDATE

Its been six weeks since I dropped off Chelby-Ann. The work is progressing nicely. I had visitation rights again today. :yes: First time inah month. I brought my rims and tires with me so I could get an idea of what my rims would look like on her. I was very happy...more like excited. I like what I see and hope to have her back in May.

I got a chance to visit the shop on Friday and much to my surprise the car is getting its final wet sand/blocking. The underside of the hood, trunk, doors and door jambs have a coat of Sterling Gray Metallic on them. She should be home soon. A very exciting moment. The fellas out at JSL Motorsports are doing a flawless job. Well worth the wait since January 29th.

Happy 4th All. So while I wait for my '69 coupe to come back from the paint shop, I am working on all of my stainless steel trim. I have the body shop cleaning up the back window of the coupe to receive '70 coupe stainless steel trim. I did not like or want the fat trim that my car came with due to the vinyl top. I scored some really nice trim. I have been hand sanding and polishing the trim for awhile now. It takes patience and time. I u-tubed some instructional videos to help me along the way. I also bought Eastwoods polishing kit along with the buff motor.

I am so pleased with the outcome of the first of 4 sections. Dont be fooled it is hard work and takes a long time. But if you want that trim to pop off that nice new paint job well, its worth it. The trim did not have any dents to hammer out but plenty of deep scratches that the 320 paper took out. The polished trim looks like new again. I hope the pictures do the hard work some justice. The first piece of trim (to the left) is finished and polished. I hope you can tell the difference in the pictures. The ones of the car are to show the finished back window area. Should have the car back at the end of July.

After 9 years in the making now, Chelby-Ann is PAINTED. 4 coats of Sterling Gray Metallic and 3 coats of clear. I have not seen the car in person yet but the pictures I got were awesome. Looks like I'll be able to pick her up next weekend and begin putting her back together.

Since I have had her home for two weeks now, I have been doing a lot of cleaning up after lots of bodyshop dust. So after getting quotes of $250/$300 to install my $40 NPD Headliner and learning as much as I could on line, I decided I could tackle this project myself. Have to shout out to JKSKINSFAN for posting his Headliner Project recently. That was a BIG help. I wound up buying HUSHMAT on the roof.

Gotta say I was very happy with the outcome. It did take me about 10 hours to do. I also had time to install the rear tail lights, MUSTANG trunk lettering, the trunk lock and trunk seal/bumpers.

Next on the hit list gonna install the HUSHMAT on the floor and install the carpet.