Sign in to follow this  
srsfunk

Long Time lurker and my Mach1

I've been on here a few years but never posted much, thought I share a couple pics of my Mach1. I bought the car in 1993 and its been through a lot, about 5 years ago it came totally apart, every nut and bolt was out. I did almost all the work myself at home in my garage. Three years later you see the results, since then I've done almost nothing with it. ( about 10 miles total) The past year or so I have been considered selling it, but never could figure what to ask and really didn't need the money so I let it sit in the garage.

The past couple weeks I've gotten the bug to change it up again. I've had master cylinder problem for years, ever since the SSBC rear disc kit was installed so first up is a bigger master. Then on to more mods. The car has a 408 which dyno'd at 545/497 it's mated to a C4 but I dont have enough convertor, so thats coming out to be replaced by a TKO, then a manual rack and new front suspension (coil overs) to lower it farther. I'd also like to mini tub and get more tire under the back end. Would also like to change up the wheels, maybe something like ADV1 or HRE's, just not sure what to go with.

I'm looking for input as to what you guys would do to it. What companys would you use for suspension and steering ect. I kind of want to take the car to the next level.

dsc00643an.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.usdsc01682fb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.usdsc00633wk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.usdsc00621xq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow - too slick. I am not the performance guru so I will leave those recommndations for others but I am all about the aesthetics and she sure looks sweet. What black is that you used under the hood for the engine bay? Also, what master cylinder problems did you have after the SSBC rear disc kit?

Really nice car inside and out especially that interior. I feel like I have seen the car on a different forum, are you on a few besides this one?

I love the stance and look of the car, hope you get that look back when you switch up suspension. Is the current suspension stock, and if so what are you running for springs and leafs out back to get that stance? What size rims and tires are those now?

Everyone on here and VMF seem to point back to Street or Track suspensions and Shaun is on here or VMF. I plan to use them if I ever get my 65 coupe started.

Also I am not to far from you, let me know if you ever sell any of the stuff you take back off. My car is really original but I wouldn't mind changing some things that can be put back easily and are out of sight.

Someday maybe we can get the cars in the same zip code.

Thanks, you may have seen it on NYMustangs, I think I posted it there a while ago.

The car is on 17X8 wheels, front tires are 245/45-17 and rear 255/45-17, front coils are Mustangs Plus 620s with one coil cut off and a-arms are moved up with the Shelby mod, think it sits about 3" lower, rear springs are 4 1/2 leaf mid eye also from mustangs plus

The master cylinder acts like there's air in the lines, there's not I'm sure, think I need a larger bore to fill the 4 calipers. I'm not sure what master the car has on it, it was on it when I got it, one of the very few parts that hasn't been changed.

The black paint under the hood is John Deere Blitz Black, its made by Valspar, I get it at work, its also what I used for the hood strip, grill, rear honeycomb, and side clading. You can get it in spray cans or quarts to mix in spray. I used a gun to spray it, seems to look more even that way.

Grabbermach, you aren't far from me, I get down to the glen a few times a year (6 hrs and vintage stuff), I also drag (my vette now, used be an 02 GT) at Empire. I have to update my location I just moved but only a few miles.

Edited by srsfunk

I'm looking for input as to what you guys would do to it.

First and foremost, I would drive the snot out of it, a heck of a lot more than 10miles anyway, sheesh, that car must be misreable sitting there like that. My car has been torn down for over 6 years now and I have pushed it in and out of the garage more than 10 miles worth. :whistling:

The regulator is gone, its a one wire Powermaster alternator, the solinoid is down by the starter and the MSD box is under the cowl, does make changing the RPM setting a pain. The idea was to hide as much as possible and get rid of the holes in the engine bay like we do on the late models.

I know I should have driven it more but I don't like how it drives, thats why I want to make changes. Between building a new house and a couple other cars this one got over looked the last couple years. Hoping to make that change. Oh and I only get maybe 6 good months to drive them up here near Buffalo.

srsfunk,

Your car looks great! I love the non flashy theme under the hood, the same look I'm implementing on all my cars. It also seems rare to see a Mach I without a shaker or CJ scoop, looks really clean.

I just finished the suspension, brakes, and wheels on my brand X driver. I went with 540 HRE's and am happy with the results. I have not heard of the other brand you mentioned, but they have some fantastic looking wheels.

X

P1020312e_zpsa55f380d.jpg

Edited by xplane