Mstang1969

Dash tun signal lights not working Need help!

Evening

Well I have my self a slight issue with the dash light turn signals not working when I flip on the turn signal arm. But the tail lights and front indicator lights are blinking.

Vehicle stats as follows:

1969 mustang convertible

302 v8

12V system

What I have done recently to the dash and instrument cluster is replace the flexible circuit with a new one and the IVR ( instrument voltage regulator ) also I have replace all the dash lights with new LED blubs including the bulb sockets. I have bench tested the gauges and lights and they work. I have test the main wire harness connection that fits into the flexible circuit board and I am getting power. Also when I flip the turn signal arm I get power at the dash conection and it makes my test light blink.

I have take a working dash light out and put into the blinker and still not working.

I have flipped the LED bulbs around to check for polarized direction.

I have replace the flasher and the 4amp fuse in the fuse block.

At this point I am confused and pulling my hair out.

My only other thought would be the turn switch in the steering column, is there something in there that would affect the dash light from not working? but still let the vehicle light work?

Any help or thought would be much appreciate.

Thanks

If I remember correctly (it's only been a coupe weeks) the wires to the front signal and the dash light are directly attached to each other from the switch. What. Think your issue is is those LED lights. I.run LED's on most my light. I have found that LEDs can be finicky. Its peobably more likely the connection on the actual LED.Have you tried putting a bulb back in?

Thanks guys for getting back to me with some ideas.

Yes I have checked the LED light to see if it dose work and it dose light-up when I put it into a different socket. I have try ed putting a regular bulb back in to the dash blinker socket and still not working.

Yes my horn is working fine.

So the only thing I can think is that for some reason the socket for dash blinker light is not reciving power or the circuit is shorting out some were before the blinker light socket?

Any Ideas?

Is there a chance that the bulbs are flashing, but you cannot see it? Maybe there is something between the bulb and the green turn lense so light from the bulb does not get to it? If you have bench tested it, and you can see it, then this is not it. If you have check the wire harness to verify there is voltage on the interface connector when the lights are flashing, and you have verified the bulb and flextape is ok, then it must be that stupid connector method that they use to connect the harness to the flextape on the back of the indicator harness.

Have you varified the wire harness connector has voltage on the correct pins when the lights are flashing.?

16 hours ago, Mountaineerfan said:

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the same issue!

Mountaineer, please refer back to your thread- your 70 is a different animal than the 69. Give me some feedback on the 7 items that I listed on your thread and perhaps we can get yours working without too much effort.

I thought this was a duplicate of Mountaineer's thread, but his is a 70 and this is about a 69, which functions quite differently.

You have LEDs in the dash, but how about the EXTERIOR lights? What type of lights are the Tail, Front Turn, and Side Markers? Do you have hood turn lights, and if so what type?

The Evil Tw1n is correct, the dash turn indicators and front exterior turn lights are tied together. You indicate that the front exterior turn lights DO blink, so that's a good thing. If you have hood turn lights they are connected together with the dash and front lights also.

Here is a schematic for the 69. This is not a wire diagram, its a schematic. This is meant to show how the circuit works, not how it is wired. If you need a wire diagram I can provide that too, but its over 30 pages so lets not go there if we don't have to. To get your "bearings" on the schematic, find the Turn Switch. On the top right corner of the Turn Switch is the LF (left front) contact (the RF is a mirror image of the left). The wire coming out of the LF contact going to the right goes into the exterior Left Turn Light. The wire going straight up from the LF contact goes to the Left Turn Light in the Dash, and to the Left Turn Light Hood (if you have one). The wire continues upward to the flasher, or emergency flasher, depending upon the position of the hazard warning Switch.

rE5yqZE.png

6 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Since mountaineer has a 69 also, you may want to check my latest comment on this thread. 

Has anyone heard of a 69 with a column mounted ignition switch?

Yup, I ran across a customer who installed a 70 steering column in a 69, but no factory setup that I am aware of.