Sign in to follow this  
ramair351

favorite mustang parts supplier?

CJ Pony parts, for sheet metal and the like. I have used others in the past (Mustangs Unlimited), but ordering on the computer is fairly easy with CJ, and "free" shipping (as nothing is free these days) is nice.

Suspension parts are comming from Street or Track. Shaun uses what he sells, is easy to talk to, and is willing to help you get the most bang for your buck, whatever level you are playing on.

CJ Pony Parts for the big stuff that shipping would kill me & NPD for the rest. I have also ordered form Macs in western NY state & Mustangs Unlimited, all with good results.

CJ for a lot of things. Especially if they're running a sale, like they are now. NPD is about an hour from me, so I have picked up items there. Summit Racing and JEGS for some things like Goodmark doors and trunk and for performance parts.

I've done a lot of purchases from Mustangs Unlimited, both via the mail and in person. No complaints. I've also purchased from CJ Pony Parts (thanks to the free shipping), but their part was back ordered for about 3 weeks. I have also ordered from NPD with good results. For non-Mustang specific engine parts, I've used Summit and Jegs. Both charge $10 in handling.

I usually gather info on the part I need from the Mustangs Unlimited site then use Google to find a good price. It usually comes down to the shipping charge.

Chuck

I'm done using CJ, their website is the easiest to use, but they are a little higher with their prices and everything is back ordered. My hood took 8 weeks! Even bumper bolts were back ordered a month. Laurel Mountain Mustang, Virginia Classic Mustang, Mustangs Unlimited, and Mustangs Plus. I try to spend with them all.

It's been so long since I've had to order a part especially in large bulk orders but I always tried to spread the wealth and also look for the best deal (everything else being equal) and I reward great service now with a smaller order even if it's not the cheapest. Virginia Classic Mustang was always my goto place and then I would compare and shop at CJ's and NPD. VCM always seemed to have the newest stuff first like the '69-'70 specific export brace for example. I also liked John's Mustang out of Texas, little tiny independant place that gives great service for a competitve price and has those unique parts no one else seems to have, he seems to buy out a lot of old inventories and ends up being the last player in town. I got my vintage 80's Kenwood replacement stereo from him 10 years ago, this is the one that CAS knocks off now real poorly. I had also ordered a trunk CD changer from him, they shipped me one that did not work thru a radio station though which I needed for this radio. He had an upgraded and more expensive Sony model sent to me overnight before I even got the return authorization so I could still do my project that weekend. I'm sure that hurt his already short profit and so since then I throw him a bone whenever I can.