Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Does this mean I've grown up? or just jaded?

So I get a call tonight on my way to the garage from a friend telling me I need to call another friend because he has a lead on a barn find Shelby. (It's about a three hour round trip.) They can't tell me what year, the one said it looked rough and was missing the engine, and they both were wanting me to head there immediately. It was then when I realized that something had changed in me. All I wanted to do was go to my car and work on it. For years I'd get leads and race to the car in a panic. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow, but it will be my last wild goose chase if it is a coupe with an R model valance. If I don't scoop it up and it's a real Shelby I'll post the details here for one of you guys (phone number if I can get one, or directions if you live close enough, along with a VIN number.)

A little of both maybe. I remember a few years ago an eccentric guy passed away outside Columbus, Ohio. He had a bunch of classic cars sitting in his farm fields*. Apparently he acquired them but never did anything to fix them. My buddy insisted i had to go look at the Boss 302! I declined, he came back with pictures of a 302-2v coupe. He was a Chevy guy so any Ford with a 302 was a Boss I guess...

*some of them were pretty desirable, just not the Mustang

Ugh, that's awful.

In this day of cell phone cameras, that should never happen.

Agreed, I never anywhere without my Nikon, a cheaper "point and shoot" or my cell phone that shoots decent pic's to.

Kinda off subject but I can't believe we haven't seen any really great shots of UFO and aliens the last couple of years either (LOL). :biggrin: