Sign in to follow this  
Wycked69

69 Mustang

I'm curious if any of you "die hard builders" and "resto moders" have noticed the 69 mustang featured in this months Hot Rod magazine? Its a 69 mustang converted into a GT 40 platform built by Eckerts Rod & Custom.

I happen to think its amazing. The extent of design and fabrication is unbelievable ! The drive train is actually out of a wrecked Ford GT-40 (just where in the hell do you find one of those) The car sits 43-1/2" from roof top to Pavement. (not quite the GT40 spec but damn close

You can go to Eckerts Rod & Custom website and view several hundred pictures of this project. I also attached one of their photo's.

I will swear I saw it at the Portland Auto Show a few months back, I can't imagine there being more than one of these. As much as I like the lines of '69 Stangs and GT40's I'm not much for the result of combining the two. Having said that, the fabrication and detail was phenomenal. I wish I could turn out stuff 1/10th this good. Don't flame me too bad it's only my opinion.

As much as I like the lines of '69 Stangs and GT40's I'm not much for the result of combining the two. Having said that, the fabrication and detail was phenomenal. I wish I could turn out stuff 1/10th this good. Don't flame me too bad it's only my opinion.

I second that opinion!

I will differ, albeit respectfully, I just don't like to see these cars cut up to make this resto mod/pro touring stuff. And I mean not just this car but all the cars on the TV shows dedicated to doing this (Musclecar, Chop Cut Rebuild etc.) I wish there was just one true restoration show on TV.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=12230

I love it, the craftsmanship is outstanding!

I will differ, albeit respectfully, I just don't like to see these cars cut up to make this resto mod/pro touring stuff. And I mean not just this car but all the cars on the TV shows dedicated to doing this (Musclecar, Chop Cut Rebuild etc.) I wish there was just one true restoration show on TV.

Doesn't bother me a bit as long as its still recognizable as a mustang and not butchered.

Love every bit of it.... Stock restorations are sooooo boring....

If it were mine I would have shaved the door handles and ditched the ugly red interior to make it perfect...

Edited by coz

Love every bit of it.... Stock restorations are sooooo boring....

If it were mine I would have shaved the door handles and ditched the ugly red interior to make it perfect...

+1

As long as it's not some over the top obviously fiberglass parts (ricer type body kits), I really like it when cars have some customization to them. I like to have my cars tailored to me and my tastes. Not a fan at all in keeping things original/stock for value ($) purposes as the main reason. IMO of course.

Plus, you can practically build these cars complete from a catalog, they aren't going anywhere any time soon. I'd rather see some car that's been hacked up than some shell rotting away somewhere.