Sign in to follow this  
Wycked69

Mach 40 (69 mustang) in the Hot Rod rag

Any of you guy's seen the "Mach 40" in this months hot rod. Try to Picture a 69 mach converted to a GT40.

I know, its hard to do but these guy's did it. You got to go on to Eckerts Rod and custom to appreciate the work and custom fab that went in to this things............ Amazing !!!

http://www.eckertsrodandcustom.com/images/mustang/559.html

Yes, it appears a LOT of work went into that transformation. i was particularly impressed with the 660 rwhp and 580 lb-ft of torque.

I also loved the fact that a 1969 Mustang made the "Cover."

In short, I LIKE it!

Bt

I love GT-40s, but I love the 69/70 mustang too. I just hope they used a dynacorn body for it. It might grow on me, but looking at a stock body of a 69 or 70 I can't help but know Ford hit the nail on the head with it. I feel bad for everyone who's had to design the mustang afterwards because the bar was set so high that I don't think that it can ever be eclipsed. How great would it have been if Ford ran that body style for 14 years like they did the fox body?

I always thought they had a lot of lines in common. I too like this car. I believe they modified that stock body pretty well. I see no problem with someone building a Mustang to their liking. It sure beats a stock body Mustang with a fu$king chebby motor in it!

Bob

IMHO it's an amzing piece of auto craftsmanship. To graft the two styles and mechanics is cool. I would paint it white with blue LeMans stripes. The degree of work folks can put into a vehicle like that is unbelievable. Stuff like that makes it an honor to own an original 69'70. It was a truly sleek design for those years and still holds true.

Most people don't realize Ford did a concept Mach that utilized a mid-engine back in 69. I would love to try and tackle that some day!

These are the only pictures I've seen of these cars. Supposedly there were three made at Kar Kraft. I'm going to assume there was not a window under that lift-up rear louvers.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/video-pictures-buffet/18412-mk-iv-karkraft-shop-1967-a.html

I saw it at SEMA this year and in person it definitely has GT40 dimensions. It looks kinda weird to me. As asked above, there is nothing Dynacorn about it and it is all custom fabbed. They basically took a GT40 and crafted 69 styling cues all over it. Fantastic craftsmanship, but in person it looks kinda like a kit car where the dimensions are off, like those Ferrari kits for Firebirds.

I was under the impression that they started with a original 69 Mustang and fabricated it from there.

Interesting if true. I didn't get that impression at all when I looked at it, it seemed to have all the dimensions of a GT40 with different body parts on it but I may be wrong.