Sign in to follow this  
higbe

Our 69 Coupe project

Ok, just had to say that because.....

We just went from non power drums to power disk on the front. Went with the SSBC kit from Summit. One of the problems we had was the brake lights. They worked before the kit, but not after. I was stumped. Checked out the site, found out there are two brake light switches. One for manual brakes and one for power brakes. Just have to search for a 1968 brake light switch. As everything for a 69 did not show a difference. Bought the 68 power switch, installed it in like 5 mins, (only because after so many times apart knew what to do.) AND BINGO, brake lights.

Bobby and Glenda

I ran into the brake light switch dilemma too :) I knew the light worked when the car was not running and I was standing on the pedal, but when the car was running the power brakes would stop the car before I got to where the manual brake switch would connect. AutoZone was no help, all they knew was there was a switch on the pedal and looking through the forums I found the difference and found the right switch at OReilly's .. 5 minutes later and the tailgaters got a nice bright LED flash in the face! yea I swapped to sequential LEDs .. coolest thing ever!

Yuppers, I would have been under the dash with a drimmel tool. Trying to make the hole bigger, then would have screwed that up, then ripped the dash back apart for the 30th time. etc etc etc. Lots of good information here, FROM the people who have actually done the work, not the one's who "never heard of that problem before."

Are the LED's allot brighter? Worth the money? (how much?)

bobby and glenda

I got mine from Nat Parts Depot .. the sequential kit .. I just looked in the catalog and they are $170. They do make a big difference in brightness and having the lights blink in sequence always makes taking a turn an experience when you look in the mirror and the guy behind is pointing at the taillights :001_tongue: