THE EVIL TW1N

How To: How I made flush mounted tail lights

That's a good idea. And noted for sure. But I was thinking a reflector on the lenses so that god forbid if I had to park curbside then at night someone's headlights would illuminate them.

Ah, I dig. Probably wise.

Still working on mine. Its been very hit or miss with time (6yo, 3yo, 4mo) but in messing with the lexan it seems you can put a piece on a form and just throw it in the oven and it'll take shape in a few minutes (about 200 d) I was told that plexi would haze if you moved at it this way. I also found some clear drying epoxy so as not to have a yellow ring. Anywhoo as soon as I get one done I'll be reposting here, if anyone comes up with maybe a translucent reflective tape to put on the inside maybe the bottom inch, or an additive that could be mixed with clear coat and done on the whole lens I'd love to hear about it.

Hi, new member here. This is also something I am going to do to my 69, and after some hunting, I found this. Looks pretty good to me.

http://www.hitechledproducts.com/product_info.php?products_id=191&osCsid=5654e1cde1a7dff2c3fbe5cdc9e05659

That looks to be about perfect but you'd need 2 sheets of material I'd think and that'd be $110 or so plus shipping. My piece of lexan big enough to do both was about $15 and the epoxy about $5. Maybe I'll do some digging and see what I can't come up with, but a thumbs up, handy to add a word to the vocabulary in my searches; prismatic.

You can get the reflective glass beads in a few places.

Go to your local State highway dept and ask to get a sample of them and they will give you a baggy full.

Or wait till they stripe a road and the stuff will be laying all over the place.

It comes in yellow also for you guys with the yellow Mach 1 detail on your trunk that would look cool... I may try coating my tail light bulbs with some epoxy and sprinkling those glass beads inside it to coat it and then see what it looks like hummm... got me thinking now...oh you can crush the glass beads up even more into an almost powder like form and probably make application easier....

Only reason I know about this is because I did Highway construction lol.