Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TW1N

Turn Signal Switch: '68 vs. '69

Howdy yall,

I did a search, but could not come up with the information I needed. I've done a butt load of trouble shooting and changing the cam and, basically, I need a new (non-tilt) turn signal switch. I see some places lists the '68 and '69 as the same, other places lists it separately. The '68 is almost always cheaper. Are the turn signal switch/harness the same (interchangeable)? Also, where is the best place to order from to save a little $$ for the switch? Thanks.

My experience....I bought a switch from champion mustang, it said good for 68 and 69. It was for a 68 and had an extra wire. I could not get it to work because the the cam had to move so far that the turn signal handle would hit the steer column before the cam would engage and lock into position to hold the turn signal in the on position.

I got another switch from mustang unlimited. It was for a 69 and had the correct wire missing from the plug, however the weight of the turn signal handle was enough to move the wire whiskers inside the switch just enough to stop the blinker from working. I had to remove/ destroy the push nut holding the cam on, bend the wire whiskers, and tap/thread a hole in the metal axel that the cam slides on to reinstall the cam. It was a pain to get it to work right. Don't throw away the old switch you might need to reuse some of the old parts.

That sucks. Thats the problem im having right now with the cam. i bought a new cam for it, but it sags with the weight of the arm. i figured to just get a new switch where its all put together already, i thought it would relieve that. hmmmmm. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else with that similar issue?

Just replaced mine last month. Ordered it from Laurelmountain mustang for $65. I have a 69 no tilt and received their 68-69 no tilt and it is working fine in my car. Did have an extra non-used wire.

That's where I was going to get mine from, that's why I had asked. I bought a "Scott Drake" piece from CJPonyParts. I'll post when I get it and how it worked for me.