Sign in to follow this  
ashleesmach1

oil catch can

I plan on running one. Ran one in the STI and M3 I had. I can definitely see these engines benefiting from it.

Its pretty straightforward. The valve cover that vents to the intake mani needs to run to the catch can, then the catch can runs back to the intake mani.

you can also run it so both valve covers run to the catch can and then run back into the intake mani.

So... are you guys having problems with oil getting past the valve cover cap, into the tube and into the intake? I nor anyone I know has had this problem. Every valve cover I've used had a baffle in it to prevent oil from splashing into the pcv valve.

Bob

So... are you guys having problems with oil getting past the valve cover cap, into the tube and into the intake? I nor anyone I know has had this problem. Every valve cover I've used had a baffle in it to prevent oil from splashing into the pcv valve.

Bob

It's a common problem on tired motors.

Not entirely true, supercharged motors have a problem with this. They reverses the pressure flow on the PVC system when into boost.

Just because it also happens on supercharged motors doesn't mean that it's not a common problem on tired motors. :smartass: