Sign in to follow this  
meangreen72065

Is a 1969 Grande coupe worth $3800?

ok everyone, Im new here, but I used to stop by just to read the posts. I currently have one pony in my stable, a 1968 GT coupe, and a 1969 Torino GT Fastback which Im trying to sell. My question is this.......I have found a 69 Grande Coupe, body is in decent shape, needs resto, has bondo on the rear quarters, floor pans appear solid, has motor and trans, appears to be a 390, and runs, needs windshield, and a few things to be touched up. The guy is asking $3800 for it, based on what I have stated, do you think its a good deal? Im attempting to do a partial trade with my Torino.

A 1969 S-Code (390-4V) coupe would be kinda rare.

Depends on what you want to do with it, how deep your pockets are, and how much talent you have to do the labor yourself, and etc. Like to see some pictures. A car that "runs" has a few more things going for it than most.

Cool, well I appreciate the help. The condition is actually alot better than most I have seen. Alot less cancer to it than most! She is solid except for bondo on the rear drivers quarter, passenger headlight bucket is busted up, and there is a hole, which looks like some genius knocked in it to put a CB antenna up on the top of the rear drivers side by trunk lid. Ill see if I can track down a pic of it!

Im still trying to figure out that gauge cluster.....lol. It looks like somebody put a standard black faced speedo into a factory tach bexel (because of the tripometer reset button), but it doesnt look like a tach speedometer to me. The very right gauge doesnt seem to say fuel - too long of a word. So if the tach is there, is it black faced, blue faced? Its definitly a "cluster" of gauges!

Just curious, Did someone piece it together from another car? Its a Grande, but is it a deluxe dash and guage cluster? Makes me a little curious now about a few more things. I think maybe I should get a few more questions answered before I throw money, or my Torino at this guy. Thanks guys for the help. I got a 68 GT coupe at the house thats my baby, but always wanted a 69.

3Gd3K53Ld5Ie5Ka5Mad1v91788e74b1c31801.jpg

This guy wants only $800 for his 69. He says the trunk lid, and the doors have rust damage, as well as the rear quarters on both sides are rusted through at the bottoms. It doesnt have a motor, BUT it comes with an AOD transmission. Says much of the interior is missing. Im in the process of asking him just WHAT is missing, and if it will be worth me going to get it! Drivers floor pan needs replaced also! Tell me what you guys think!

Just curious, Did someone piece it together from another car? Its a Grande, but is it a deluxe dash and guage cluster?

Its definitly pieced together. The deluxe interior gauges have a blue/grey face on the gauge itself. On the standard interior the gauges are black.

On the tach clusters, the smaller side gauges gauges are temp on the left and fuel on the right, in the middle is the speedo with a tripometer and then the tach with idiot lights for alt and oil.

On the non tach gauge clusters there is not tripometer, and the temp/fuel are in the big middle where the tach goes, then the small outside gauges are oil and alt.

Hope that all made sence!

Agree with Mike 100% - those are light teak gauge panels, meaning its a very early 69 car.

Soooooo, if its blue/grey temp on left, has blue grey tach, then blue grey fuel on right - id say somebody just replaced the speedo sometime along its life - with a standard interior black non tach speedo.

Edited by jwscarab

So being as it may, think $3800 is a deal? If the guy ever decides to call me back.

Sure, like I said before, one that runs and drives is a better value and means most of the good parts are there. Could be a fun project and not your everyday fastback or Mach 1. :001_cool:

Still havent sold my 69 Torino Fastback, so the door is getting near closing on my 69 Mustang dream! Found one that only needs floor pans, and a distributor in Central Arkansas for only $1800......a J-code Coupe, looked pretty nice, but then again, aint got $1800 to throw out yet! Looks like a rock and a hard place!