Sign in to follow this  
frankenstang

4 lug disc brake question

Need some input before I purchase. I was looking for a front disc conversion kit for my '69 base coupe. It is the 200ci with 4 lug drums all around. Every 4 lug kit I see says it can't use the stock 14" wheels. What other wheels would I use? Isn't that the purpose of looking for a 4 lug setup, not to have to change wheels? I was wondering if anyone knows why I can't use the stock 14", 4 lug steel wheels. If I spaced them out a bit (1/4") would it all work? Don't want to toss out $500-$700 and start an avalanche of what I need to change in order to make them work.

Thanks,

Steve

why don't you go with the 5lug conversion? this is the first time I see someone post wanting to stay with a 4 lug.

if your going to do a disc brake conversion I recommend going with a Granada Swap or an aftermarket brake company like summit, wilwood or vintage venom etc...

I did the conversion on my '68. Was a SSBC kit and it went on like butter. Love driving it. The reason I would like to stay with the 4 lug kit is that I had recently spent almost $450 on a clean, true set of 4 lug wheels. The car was so original I didn't want to change it. Hoping I can figure a way to make this work.