Sign in to follow this  
Ky69Mach

351W Shaker with Victor Jr.

I have a Performer RPM on my 418w with a stock 351W shaker. No modifications were needed, the shaker is up higher but the angle is good. It fits with the hood. I am using TCP stock height motor mounts so the engine doesn't shake. It is as tall as you want to go w/o lowering the engine or modifying your shaker base. A Victor Jr is taller.

I do, I do.

Had an RPM manifold before and the hood never fit right with the shaker. Found out the Victor is the same height as the stock unit. Fits very nicely now. In fact the shaker shakes not the hood.

Victor Jr. the same height as a factory intake? Don't think so. The Victor Jr is substantially taller. That's a Victor Jr. intake on my motor in the signature picture below. Here's a 2V intake from a 351w. Factory 4V intakes were about the same height.

351w2barrelintake.jpg

Edited by maxum96

I do, I do.

Had an RPM manifold before and the hood never fit right with the shaker. Found out the Victor is the same height as the stock unit. Fits very nicely now. In fact the shaker shakes not the hood.

You have a Torker not a Vic Jr. BIG difference.

a stock factory shaker will NOT fit on a 351W with a Vic Jr.

it can be modified to work.

i did get your message. it's a victor jr on a 351w. the engine was dropped 0.5" using the ron morris mounts.

i basically stretched a base so i could fit a 14" drop base air cleaner base. there are a number of other mods required as well. i think the filter is 2.875" tall (or was it 3"?).

you can find some info in the build thread by looking for post 31 (and after).

Build Thread

or other pictures on the photobucket site. any detailed questions just ask.

Photobucket/Shaker

IMG_2403.jpg