Sign in to follow this  
jeepcj7304

Rear Window trim

I got the car back from the painter today and am pleased except for one thing. We had decided to do away with the wide black trim that was on the rear window. I like the look without it but there is quite a bit of space between the rubber holding the glass and the steel around it. It makes it look somewhat sloppy. I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard of any chrome trim that can be made to fit. Also thinking of maybe filling it with black urethane or some bulb shaped rubber to fill it in with. I will take pictures in the morning just looking for input.

I have a friend that was keeping pace with me as we restored our coupes. I had liked the look of the black molding and he didn't. He couldn't find anything that would work and look clean. He had the moldings sanded smooth and skim coated to remove the texture and then painted them body color. Clean factory look and he is very happy.

Ok I did some research today and found that 70 coupes had a chrome molding with a black stripe. This would be perfect. I found a set that has 3 of the 4 pieces and would need rechromed. The problem is no one makes it. Also I am not sure how to make it clip in. Does anyone have this trim? Anyone seen how it clips in?

I was wondering if there has been success in applying the '70 Coupe rear window stainless steel trim on the '69 Coupe. I have scored some nice trim that I plan on using. Beside adding some clip posts to the window opening are there any Pro's; Con's or helpful pointers to make this a successful mod. I do have the body shop doing the bodywork around the rear window to eliminate the wide molding that came on my car. Thanks BIll