Sign in to follow this  
Ky69Mach

24 Years Later

I am new to the forum so I figured I should tell a little about myself and my car since you guys have been so helpful in answering my questions. I purchased my 69 Mach 1 24 years ago at the ripe ol age of 14. I mowed yards to buy it. I am the third owner of the car. It was sold new in the county next to mine in 1969. The car has never left the state of Kentucky. I now have three sons of my own and figured it was time to finish what I started so long ago. I am ready for the motor and transmission to go in. It is all painted inside, outside, and underneath. Just a matter of bolting parts on now. I am putting a 427 Windsor with a TKO 600 behind it and running 373 pos in the rear. She is Triple black and clean. I am ready for this to be finished. Again, thanks for the help on this forum.

:thumbup:

I am new to the forum so I figured I should tell a little about myself and my car since you guys have been so helpful in answering my questions. I purchased my 69 Mach 1 24 years ago at the ripe ol age of 14. I mowed yards to buy it. I am the third owner of the car. It was sold new in the county next to mine in 1969. The car has never left the state of Kentucky. I now have three sons of my own and figured it was time to finish what I started so long ago. I am ready for the motor and transmission to go in. It is all painted inside, outside, and underneath. Just a matter of bolting parts on now. I am putting a 427 Windsor with a TKO 600 behind it and running 373 pos in the rear. She is Triple black and clean. I am ready for this to be finished. Again, thanks for the help on this forum.

:thumbup:

Welcome to the forums & great story! Almost the same as mine, but my dad restored it in the late 80s and then I got it when I was 16. I went with a 392w myself, and I'm definitely saving up for a tko lol

also, post pics! :D

She is back on the ground and unwrapped. Brake lines installed, clutch master cylinder installed, POR15 inside and under with a a layer of satin enamel underneath. My motor is being balanced right now. I am getting ready to order my TKO. The anxiety is setting in, it's been too long

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ky69stang/

Edited by Ky69Mach

Dynamat is in, brake master cylinder and lines are in working, hydraulic clutch master cylinder in, all pedals restored and installed with roller bearings. Ready to install my dash. Just two weeks out on a fresh 427 Windsor. I can hardly wait. I hope I can turn the key around my birthday on the ides of March!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ky69stang/

+1 on waiting for the warmer weather so I can get back to work on mine too.

I don't know how you guys live in that weather. Walked 18 holes of golf in 65 sunny degrees in California today. The politics and taxes here on the other hand...

Bob