Sign in to follow this  
stangme428

200A alternator

What in the world are you running that you need a 200A alt? On a slightly related note, wish prices were more like that for stupid brackets like A/C stuff. Previous owner removed all the factory A/C stuff and I'm looking at over $300 in just brackets/pulleys.

What in the world are you doing that needs anything more than 60 amps? I have mentioned this before, almost nobody needs anything more. Even if you have a 100 or 200 amp alternator, it will typically never put out that current. If it is not putting out 100 amps, it will not load the belts. I am not sure what your electrical power needs in the car are, but I would say that alternator never gets close to 100 amps in normal driving. If you have a belt slipping, you probably have a mismatched pully size or a bad belt. Air conditioner compressors take a lot more power, and they only have one belt on most cars.

When using a dual belt arrangement on the same circuit of pullies, you MUST use a matched set of belts. Otherwise one belt will be longer than the other one and you are right back to having a belt slip because they both are not pulling their fair share. B

When using a dual belt arrangement on the same circuit of pullies, you MUST use a matched set of belts. Otherwise one belt will be longer than the other one and you are right back to having a belt slip because they both are not pulling their fair share. B

well... error on the safe side - Alpine audio system 2500 watts at 14.4v, and other accessories that require way less current, dual 12" fans on radiator, electric fuel pump... will it run @ 2600 watts all the time.. no way.. probably will not even get close.. but plan accordingly.

Edited by stangme428