Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

Holy Cow Batman!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine the demand being really high for a replica Batmobile. The people that build them seem to be in their own little cult. Not to mention the price to build one is crazy. Just look at how much they want for some of the specially made parts. $4,999 for the roll top dashboard, $1,999 for the steering wheel....I mean c'mon. Lets be honest here the car is ugly to begin with and the interior accessories are corny.

http://buybatparts.com/joomla/index.php/replicas

I suppose there is truth in the adage that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as I find it to be an incredible piece of automotive art. If I had a disposable 4.2 mil, would I go for it.....no way! I do have a nice 1:18th scale model of it, though....LOL!

I thought it was funny when the bidding stalled momentary at around 2.7 Million and then George Barris took off his jacket and threw it in with the deal. Does that make the jacket worth 1.9 million? (LOL)

What was the reserve on the green Shelby EXP 500 coupe? It was a no sell at 1.9 Million. I was in a bar setting and couldn't hear the commentary.

Yes, and funny the analysts nailed it as they expected it might bring as much as $5m before the auction. Still I thought it was a little lame that as much cool history that car probably had attached to it that it didnt get shared during the auction.

It would have enhanced the moment to talk about the build, actors reactions and their experiences with the car, issues with the car during the series, etc but all you got was George yelling out at the crowd and sharing nothing of value other than throwing in his jacket. A carefully thought out presentation to give more insight to the car's unique and wildly popluar past might have even drove it up further. I guess it is what it is though. I watched Batman as a kid religiously.

Its too crazy that the eccentric new onwer plans to "take down a wall in my home and put in the living room"

AdamWestbatmobile.jpg

Maybe, but one must have a lot larger living room to pull it off eh?

And yes while there is only one original there will likely be a positive affect on the batmobile kit cars out there.

Its the same as we saw when the Hemi Cudas rose to the top of the market, it brought new appreciation and higher prices to the Hemi clones, TA's, and the 440 6-pack cars and their related siblings. I saw it while I restoring my 72 Cuda. While the 72 Cuda had no direct market benefit, the parts that the E-body line of cars shared most certainly did.

I wasnt watching for clone Batmobiles in past auctions, never cared to. But after last night I wouldnt be surpised if you dont see more clones on the market, at auction and on eBay this year.

Edited by miketyler

What was the reserve on the green Shelby EXP 500 coupe? It was a no sell at 1.9 Million. I was in a bar setting and couldn't hear the commentary.

George Barris is quite the huckster, just like all the folks at BJ. He probably didn't share more details about the build because he doesn't know. Sam was the real talent there.

They never share the reserve on cars that don't sell. What really pissed me off was that the Green Hornet was Jackson's car, and he used to be the king of "no reserve". Now he is walking away from 1.9 mil on his own car, with a reserve. What a hypocrite.

Besides, the car isn't worth near that, at least according to the Shelby guys I know. It's kinda "meh" to them. If Jackson cant sell it for 1.9, he cant sell it.

George Barris is quite the huckster, just like all the folks at BJ. He probably didn't share more details about the build because he doesn't know. Sam was the real talent there.

They never share the reserve on cars that don't sell. What really pissed me off was that the Green Hornet was Jackson's car, and he used to be the king of "no reserve". Now he is walking away from 1.9 mil on his own car, with a reserve. What a hypocrite.

Besides, the car isn't worth near that, at least according to the Shelby guys I know. It's kinda "meh" to them. If Jackson cant sell it for 1.9, he cant sell it.

Heading down to Kissimmee, FL with some buddies next week to watch and drool over the Friday/Saturday shows at the Mecum autions. Here's one that will be cool to see:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0113-143530&entryRow=1737&lottype=Car&startRow=1721

Couple of 69/70 Mustangs and Shelby's going across stage. I'll just be looking unless I can win the Powerball in the next couple of days. If I win the Powerball, I finance that book for you too, Bob. (LOL)

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0113-143530&entryRow=1737&lottype=Car&startRow=1721

I think xzibit and the guys at pimp my ride may have made that rather large hood scoop..I am still looking at the interior for the blender, curling iron, and iguana tank....

I'd rather a stock '69 GT-500 style hood myself as well as a non-"Alien" looking rear seat speakers. At Carlisle a few years ago they had one of the 1970 Quarterhorse prototypes on display which was probably the inspiration for yellow Boss Snake.

173_0402_boss_18_z.jpg