Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Marti Report 1 of 1 cars

In your opinion, how rare is this? How many people here have a 1 of 1 car? I am wondering with all the engine and option combos, this might not be as rare as some people think.

Turns out my Calypso Coral Grande is a 1 of 1. Anybody else?

Grande1.jpg

Yeah, I have wondered this to a few times. With all the combos I guess it would be semi-easy to have a 1of1 or 1of10 made car. I mean say I ordered you car BUT had the shaker option instead. That could make mine a 1of1 right? I would think this type of documentation would help in registering your car as an antique or rare car to avoid getting the old girl crushed in a car confiscation deal offered by many states to get older cars off the road. Bruce

I have seen a lot of 1 of 1 cars over the years. Some of them are 1 of 1 cars because they were just so dang ugly, that only one person was crazy enough to order that combination. Some of them are 1 of 1 cars because there were a ton of options out there to choose from, so it is conceivable to have a 1 of 1 car just based on a weird assortment of options and color combincation.

Now, with that said, if your car happens to be a 1 of 1 twister special is a great color combination with a big motor or something like that, then the rarity factor helps you out a lot. If the car happens to be a 1 of 1 that was a 200 I6 in Light Ivy Yellow with Blue Comfortweave vinyl and a rear window defogger as the only option, well then I think it goes without saying why the car is a 1 of 1.

My Grande was only 1 of about 100 cars with the color combo in a Grande. I submitted it to Kevin because I thought the fact that it had no air and manual brakes, bith kinda unusual for a Grande, might get it a 1 of 1.

Turns out it was stupid stuff like AM radio and tinted glass that got it there. Never any mention of the brakes or A/C.

Oh well, did it mostly for curiosity. Calypso Coral cars always have value, people love that color. Especially Cleveland equipped cars.

This is something the Mopar guys get all sorts of excited about. You always hear them talking about how "rare" their car is but it's really just a car with one small option different than the others. My 99 Trans Am was 1 of 2 with the options it had, but you'd never know by looking at it. Just that it had nearly every option the Trans Am could come with. I wouldn't really call these types of occurrences rare though because there could be several hundred of these "1 of - " cars in that years production run.

Bob, I only have the Deluxe Report which tells me my 1970 Mach is 1 of 248 in the color/interior combo. I've heard that if you dig deep enough into your pockets to pay for a Elite Report there are many 1 of 1's to be found.

What do you have planned for the '70 Grande? Restore of restro-mod? What motor did it have? Always thought a 69/70 Shelby Coupe or GT/CS clone would be cool. You'd definitely have a one of none (LOL).

Maybe YOU should do a book on 69/70 restro's? :yes:

Edited by 70Mach03

Bob, I only have the Deluxe Report which tells me my 1970 Mach is 1 of 248 in the color/interior combo. I've heard that if you dig deep enough into your pockets to pay for a Elite Report there are many 1 of 1's to be found.

What do you have planned for the '70 Grande? Restore of restro-mod? What motor did it have? Always thought a 69/70 Shelby Coupe or GT/CS clone would be cool. You definitely have a one of none (LOL).

Maybe YOU should do a book on 69/70 restro's? :yes:

If I thought the audience was big enough, I would!

It's an H code Cleveland 2 barrel car, June of 70 manufacture and it didn't sell for 6 months. I suppose an orange 2 door coupe with a half white vinyl top is a secretary's car in Rawlins Wyoming. Not sure what the dealer was thinking.

BTW, the pop report isn't that expensive. You don't have to get the framed up stuff if you already have the deluxe. $60 more gets you the goods:

http://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=STAT-1

Totally worth it if you are making resto decisions. For the Grande, I am going to mostly restore it to factory, but I will take some bolt on liberties like power brakes, a 4bbl with an electric choke, black landau top instead of white, etc. Nothing to radical.

If I thought the audience was big enough, I would!

It's an H code Cleveland 2 barrel car, June of 70 manufacture and it didn't sell for 6 months. I suppose an orange 2 door coupe with a half white vinyl top is a secretary's car in Rawlins Wyoming. Not sure what the dealer was thinking.

BTW, the pop report isn't that expensive. You don't have to get the framed up stuff if you already have the deluxe. $60 more gets you the goods:

http://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=STAT-1

Totally worth it if you are making resto decisions. For the Grande, I am going to mostly restore it to factory, but I will take some bolt on liberties like power brakes, a 4bbl with an electric choke, black landau top instead of white, etc. Nothing to radical.

What's it got for rear axle, 2.75 (non-air)? I think a black landau would look better also, and a set of magnums would be a nice looking package. Kind of hard to beat the magnum 500's on a 69/70 Mustang. :thumbup1:

For example my gt delux report states:

Your car was one of:

1,062 with this paint code

125 With these Paint/Trim Codes

95 With these Engine/Transmission Codes

246 Ordered from this DSO

1,127With GT Equipment Group

For the 1969 Mustang Convertible.

is what mine says. When you get the elite report it will string all these together plus with other options. There were probably not too many GT vets with 351w 4v, acapulco blue ect ect.... It is just basic math that probability of 1 of 1 is pretty possible with many mustangs. People likes and dislikes are different.

Haha- my vert is a one of one- It was gold, black power top, w/glass window, and standard non deluxe clock. These options are not common, and the color not common, heres the funny part- what makes mine a one of one? Someone ordered extra skinny tires- (can't recall but maybe c 78 wide ovals) So you can work the numbers to say one of one- if you try hard enough- certainly there are some 1 of 1 that are killer- but sadly most are just weird/undesireable/icky. I can't figure out if the person ordering mine planned to change out the tires, or wanted to do some serious burnouts. Still it does make you feel a small amount better about the stang if its one of one

Personally, I think too many people get excited when they get their Marti report and it says "1 of 1". With the 3 different body styles available, all the engine choices, transmission choices, and the hundreds of different options and colors, there are thousands of "1 of 1" Mustangs floating around out there. Just because some 69 coupe with a 302 with a 3 speed manual and drum brakes is a "1 of 1" does not make it valuable. It just means no other one got that exact same set of options. It could be a "1 of 1" because it originally came with a am/fm radio.

Now if we're talking an R code convertible, then it's definitely going to mean something. How many R code verts were ever made? Very very few. But I'd be willing to bet most all of those R code verts would be "1 of 1" cars.

What's it got for rear axle, 2.75 (non-air)? I think a black landau would look better also, and a set of magnums would be a nice looking package. Kind of hard to beat the magnum 500's on a 69/70 Mustang. :thumbup1:

Yup, 2.75. Not sure if I want to be faithful to that....LOL!

Now if we're talking an R code convertible, then it's definitely going to mean something. How many R code verts were ever made? Very very few. But I'd be willing to bet most all of those R code verts would be "1 of 1" cars.

My old R-Code convertible was a 1 of 2: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1201_1970_w_code_scj_ford_mustang_convertible_rare_find/

Nice write up and story on you and your old car. I bet you wish you'd never sold it. I've had one or two cars in my past that I felt that way about. But I'm sure at the time (mid 70's) it was just an old Mustang and gas guzzling muscle cars didn't sell for much back then.

Nice write up and story on you and your old car. I bet you wish you'd never sold it. I've had one or two cars in my past that I felt that way about. But I'm sure at the time (mid 70's) it was just an old Mustang and gas guzzling muscle cars didn't sell for much back then.

Exactly, I enjoyed the car but it was "just a car" back then. No Marti Reports, no MCA, no Mustang Monthly Magazine or Internet to find out exactly how rare it was. Probably the only car I ever owned I made money when I sold it. Of course I heard a rumor that the present owner paid $118,000 and another $100K plus to have Ed Meyer restore it. Something I never could have afforded to do. It's also written up in Jerry Heasley's newest "Barn Finds" book about only Fords and Mustangs. No regrets on selling it years ago, just glad it's still out there to be seen by other people.

I love my 1970 Mach 1. It's not a "rare" model or high value Boss 302/429 or Cobra Jet car. I can drive it anytime I want anywhere and not feel guilty about it by wearing out original parts or adding mileage. It looks fairly period correct but has modern updates under the hood and suspension to make it a better, safer, driver vehicle. One of my favorite things about this forum is most of the folks here are not afraid to enjoy, drive, make better or modify their cars. :thumbup:

I love my 1970 Mach 1. It's not a "rare" model or high value Boss 302/429 or Cobra Jet car. I can drive it anytime I want anywhere and not feel guilty about it by wearing out original parts or adding mileage. It looks fairly period correct but has modern updates under the hood and suspension to make it a better, safer, driver vehicle. One of my favorite things about this forum is most of the folks here are not afraid to enjoy, drive, make better or modify their cars. :thumbup:

Yup, I used to have an Acapulco Blue Q code Mach and a big block Cougar Eliminator, and if I had restored them like I have my plain jane, not sure how much I would be driving them. Still want a Calypso Coral 70 Boss 302 though.