Sign in to follow this  
69convertible

69 convertible restomod in england

Hi from across the pond

I have just found your great site for the 69/70 lovers.

So i though i would share what i have been doing over here in england .

This is my 69 convertible exported from your home land in 1969 when the car was new . When it got to england it was converted to RHD , then after many years on uk roads it needed a restoration , Thats when i bought it .

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

Welcome to 1969stang.com

You have come a long way with that car. Looks good and a RH driver too. I know nothing about export models, was that a factory RH driver or was it converted?

I am kindve partial to metallic blue but that car will probably look good no matter what color you paint it.

Glad to see another convertible survive .. No mater where it is.. I have seen two others here in Texas and they almost made me cry.... such a loss..they were so far gone they weren't worth the parts they had..

Nice work. Now the fun of putting it back together begins.

What makes hok black different from any other black? Is it metalic, pearl or have other hues in it?

I always thought black was black, unless something was added to it.

Bob

Thanks to all of you who have posted a reply ,

That means a lot that you guys like what i am doing because i look to the USA for my inspiration . Been over to the states two times with my family to Florida , Took my kids to the parks , Wow you lot know how to put on a show we all loved it , Truth be known i wish i lived over in the states :001_smile: Few more pics

SAM_0407.jpg

SAM_0413.jpg

SAM_0405.jpg

Great looking restoration. Color is rich and the stripes look very cool. Where in England? There is another member on here that is in North Yorkshire with a nice car as well.

Hi MustangGT

Thanks for your comments , Car is coming on well , Weather has turned cold in the uk last few days ,Dusting of snow & ice over night , But still out in my garage after work each night !

I live in the south east of england in the county of suffolk ,There are 2 usaf airbases in suffolk , Lakenheath & Mildenhall both about 20 mins from where i live . There are service men very local to me with Mustangs , There is 1 service man 2mins around the corner with a 66 gt350 replica , Here is a pic of his car at The Duxford imperial war museum car show we went in the spring 2012 , My other mustang is the white 94 convertible in the link below ,

100_7742.jpg

more pics here from Duxford imperial war museum

http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w450/69brog/Duxford%202012/

Edited by 69convertible