Sign in to follow this  
telebb

reverse eye springs

I have the 4.5 leaf mid eye leafs. I agree, I want to get the reverse eye instead of adding a block. Just not sure if I want to go with 4.5 again or the 5 leafs. If you know you're going to add a lowering block then definitely go with the reverse eye.

The 4.5" MidEye springs take you pretty low believe it or not...they will settle a good bit at first, then slowly settle more...we had to cut front coils 2 times on my friends car to get it to match.

I bought the 4.5" reverse eye springs and am anxious to know how low it will go on my car.

Mike

I have 4.5 leaf mid eye Springs. 255 50 17's. I wouldn't mind if my car actually rode a little better. The front springs are stock but the rear springs are pretty stiff with the 4.5 leaf. I cut a half coil out of the front springs. My signature picture is before I cut the coil out.

My worry about going with reverse eyes has been the car sitting too low. Anyone with just reverse eyes or mideye and no lowering blocks care to take a measurement between the bottom of the frame rail (just above the axle) to the top of the axle? I'm thinking this could give those considering mids or reverse eyes an idea how much it will move the axle up. Going from frame to top of axle would eliminate tire height variables of measuring to ground. The only thing that would change things would be axle tube diameter differences of 8" vs 9", as well as where you bought the leafs and # of leafs.......but it'd still give someone a starting point/rough idea. Thoughts?

MaxPower you said you have Eibach lowering springs on the front? I was looking for some and couldn't find them on their website.

Can you shoot a link over? I really want my front end to drop a little

much appreciated !!

MaxPower you said you have Eibach lowering springs on the front? I was looking for some and couldn't find them on their website.

Can you shoot a link over? I really want my front end to drop a little

much appreciated !!

They discontinued them a long time ago. I even started chirping at one of their factory guys when they were across the aisle from me at SEMA 4 or 5 years ago, and he answered me in German....LOL! I think he called me bad things.

Sadly, Eibach has discontinued most their vintage car springs. Too bad, because they are awesome.