Sign in to follow this  
Endeavour32

Shelby Convertible Scoops

I'm going to add a set of Shelby scoops to my 69 coupe, I personally think the factory things look terrible. So my question is does anyone make one that's better than another? I've got some points to use up with CJ Pony Parts so I was thinking about buying some from them. They appear to be the same as the ones Branda selsl but I know there are others as well. Thanks for any info on this.

Got mine from Branda, they were pretty decent for fiberglass. The problem with all of them is that the mounting posts aren't in the same place as the factory holes and you have to drill new holes in the quarters or redo the mounts on the scoop. It was kind of painful drilling holes in brand new quarters! But like you, I always disliked the factory ornaments.

I ordered the ones from CJ pony parts I had points to use as well. They seem to be fine my painter has them and the car. He has it all together and has not said that there was any issues. I have not seen them yet but he is a perfectionist so I dont think they will be wrong in any way.