Sign in to follow this  
1957pistol

69 Coupe side scoops to 94-04 scoops..

Sorry if this has been covered. Unfortunantly if you type in side scoops it gives you 9000 hits.

I just picked up a nice set of 94-04 GT side scoops. Wondering if anyone has molded a pair of these into their coupe?

If so, any help expecially pictures would be handy. It doesn't look to extreme if you don't mind cutting into the quarter to recess the bigger scoops.

Yays? Nays? What do you think? I know the Shelby conv scoops will go on to dress up the nasty apparent afterthought originals, but its not really the way I want to go with it.

thanks

:gunsmilie:

For starters, the side scoops differ between the 94-98 and 99-04 Mustangs (body style change).

The first picture attached is a 95 GT and the second is a 01 V6.

Personally, I wouldn't do either. The 69/70 body is beautiful as it is. If it is something you /really/ want to do (and it's your project) and the scoops are the 99-04 style, that may not look too bad. The 94-98 scoops would be really small, IMO.

Chuck

sorry, it is 99-04, not sure what I was thinking. The ones I have are from a 01. They seem to fit the body lines pretty well. Just wondering if it has been done. The fastback has side scoops, the coupes look like the scoops were a mistake or afterthought gone wrong.

I wish I had someone close to make a mold of them..80$ for cheapo fiberglass. now there's an idea..

Anybody have the dimensions? Maybe I can tackle this one. I have some cf and epoxy hanging around. This might be a good project. Height, length, width at the ends and in the middle and the middle crease.

thanks.