Muletman

Gulfstream Aqua Mach1 Build

That Gulf Stream aqua is pretty ! I have been trying to decide what color for my 69 .I have raven black and i have Gulf Stream aqua .Black would be nice but a pain in the butt to keep clean so i am thinking Gulf stream .I wonder how it would look without the shelby side stripes ? Are you doing the Mach 1  stripes on yours.

That Gulf Stream aqua is pretty ! I have been trying to decide what color for my 69 .I have raven black and i have Gulf Stream aqua .Black would be nice but a pain in the butt to keep clean so i am thinking Gulf stream .I wonder how it would look without the shelby side stripes ? Are you doing the Mach 1  stripes on yours.

I don't think I will put the side stripes on, I do have the stainless rocker moldings that I will install.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 10:48 AM, 390mach1 said:

What wheels an tires are you running? Can you tell me bs as well?

390 mach1, the wheels are American Racing Nova Series 701  17x8 4.5" backspacing, tires are BF Goodrich KDW2's 245-50-17. I am running Mid eye leaf springs.

What power steering setup is that? It looks really clean and slim. I might want one! Also congrats on the progress. Getting my dash wiring back together is giving me nightmares! But I'm close and I'll keep plugging along.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 3:24 PM, Tgriffin91 said:

What power steering setup is that? It looks really clean and slim. I might want one! Also congrats on the progress. Getting my dash wiring back together is giving me nightmares! But I'm close and I'll keep plugging along.

Tgriffin91

The power steering pump came with my Randall's rack & Pinion steering kit. Getting all of the pulleys to line up has been a challenge.

The rear of the interior is done, installed fold down rear seat, trap door, carpet, 3pt retractable seat belts, an sail panels.

Next up, complete under dash wiring, install dash, steering wheel and reupholstered seats.

If you have photos and details of the rear seat belts, I am very interested. What did you take the belts from? How did you mount? Very interested. I'd like to get 3 point retractables installed also. How could this work with a fold down seat??

Love those Boss style valve covers. I don't see them available anywhere, where did you get those? Also, may I ask exactly what AAW kit you went with? And what two pliers did you have to get to crimp your connectors. BTW, great car color! 

Love those Boss style valve covers. I don't see them available anywhere, where did you get those? Also, may I ask exactly what AAW kit you went with? And what two pliers did you have to get to crimp your connectors. BTW, great car color! 

Machspeed, the valve covers were produced by Ford Racing, check on Ebay. The AAW kit is their Classic Update series, the crimpers are available to rent from AAW, I ended up buying them'

Getting closer. I think I finally have the timing right, had a problem with backfiring through the carb. It turns out that the MSD ready to run distributors vacuum advance was causing too much advance, so I capped it off. It is now set at 11 degrees initial and 21 degrees mechanical, all in at 3000rpm. I may bump the initial timing up a degree or two...

20170406_194444.mp4

I ran into clearance issues with my shaker assembly, I came up with this as a fix.. It is a K&N filter top with an offset base to clear the distributor and a 1/4 inch spacer below the base. I think it looks better than the original shaker set-up, what do you think?

20170526_205949.jpg