Muletman

Gulfstream Aqua Mach1 Build

Okay here we go, I have gathered most of the parts to install my interior. My plan is to work from the back of the car forward. Here is a rough outline of what I plan to do.

Wiring harness - American Autowire

Paint - Trap door, Arm rests, Quarter trim and Hocky sticks.

Dynamat interior

prewire stereo componants

Install stealth powered subwoofers

install rear plastic trim

install Folddown rear seat

Install Vintage Air A/C

Install Dash

This should keep me busy for a month or so.

So far, the car has had the floorpan, torque boxes and a frame rail replaced and painted Gulfstream Aqua.

We have added 4 wheel SSBC brakes, Steeroids power rack & pinion, tilt column, Global West Subframe connectors, OpenTracker roller perches, Moog upper and lower control arms, coils, 4 leaf mid eye springs, front sway bar and KYB shocks.

56583_4691665850727_464028898_o.jpg

Car nearly looks like medium bright blue. What subwoofer brand did you settle on? I have an Infinity Basslink but would be interested in something hidden. Was thinking on going with the Undercover II speakers but not sure if they would fit under the seats.

Car nearly looks like medium bright blue. What subwoofer brand did you settle on? I have an Infinity Basslink but would be interested in something hidden. Was thinking on going with the Undercover II speakers but not sure if they would fit under the seats.

My Samsung camera phone and the flourescent light make it look blue...

I am waiting on a pair of 6" Bazooka tubes, I think they will fit behind the fiberglass net to the seats.

I made progress, I aligned the driver door, installed wiring, installed 1970 door glass, and a freshly built door panel.

Question: Do I have to use screws on the bottom of the door panel? I was thinking about using weather strip adhesive to secure the panel to the door.

10177425_10203510608666963_7950687956136091919_n.jpg

Question: Do I have to use screws on the bottom of the door panel? I was thinking about using weather strip adhesive to secure the panel to the door.

It's your car do what ever you want! If you ever needed to remove the bottom portion again though you might have to buy a new one.

More progress. Installed passenger door glass, passenger door panel, new quarter window, window pillar moldings, top windshield molding, gas pedal, sun visors. I also installed the Vintage air switches to my factory controls , and lower dash vents to my lower dash. I painted the dash with dark charcoal metallic and installed all of the new switches and last but not least I put in a Kenwood stereo with all the bells and whistles.

Edited by Muletman

did you ever remove the lower dash? If so, is it a difficult job? I would like to get mine out in order to put new firewall insulation in. Also, does your new wiring use a newer style fuse block or the old glass fuse style? Debating whether to refurb my existing wiring harness.

Dave

Dave I had the lower dash out of my 69 Coupe to clean it & re-paint it & IIRC there is 1 bolt top & bottom of each side of the dash, remove the bolts & drop the steering column, & the 2 brackets that attach at the back of the cowl.

100_0443_zpsa477cdff.jpg

My Samsung camera phone and the flourescent light make it look blue...

I am waiting on a pair of 6" Bazooka tubes, I think they will fit behind the fiberglass net to the seats.

What is the paint code you used for the gulfstream aqua?Did you go with Dupont or PPG? My car is originally a Raven Black car....but I want to show off the black accent items (spoilers , hood, etc)

Dave

What is the paint code you used for the gulfstream aqua?Did you go with Dupont or PPG? My car is originally a Raven Black car....but I want to show off the black accent items (spoilers , hood, etc)

Dave

Raven R, I believe it is Dupont as far as the code goes I'm not sure.

The rear of the interior is done, installed fold down rear seat, trap door, carpet, 3pt retractable seat belts, and sail panels.

Next up, complete under dash wiring, install dash, steering wheel and reupholstered seats.

10413418_10203627386506336_5007224971338913161_n.jpg

Question about the 3 point retractable seat belt installion. I see that u didn't have to drill separate hole for the retracter u just bolted it in the existing seat belt hole. Did theses seat belt u got not require u to bolt the retracter separate?

Question about the 3 point retractable seat belt installion. I see that u didn't have to drill separate hole for the retracter u just bolted it in the existing seat belt hole. Did theses seat belt u got not require u to bolt the retracter separate?

70Nightmare, my seat belts did not come with any instructions, although I remember seeing a picture of an install and the manufacturer claiming that the stock mounting points would be used. You cant see it in the picture I posted but there is a lever that holds the end of the belt and it is bolted to the car with the retractor using the same hole. I also ordered the correct bolts for the upper mounting location that allow the assembly to swivel freely.

Okay, ran into an unexpected delay. If you are going to use the American Auto Wire kit, you will need to rent two pairs of crimpers for the GM style connectors. AAW will rent them to you for $25.00 per month each, you pay for them up front $190.00 but if you return them you get 140.00 back. Here is a pic of my trunk wired with my 6.5" powered sub in the trunk.