Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Repop front valance fit?

Has anyone used the repop front valance & how was the fit? Mine has several dings & is cracked at the top in the center. I am considering replacing it instead of trying to repair mine.

Mike.

i used a repro that i had gotten back around 94 (so don't know if they have been improved or not).

i had to rework both sides where it mates to the fender. the curve didn't match and the bend was really soft. they bolted together but it looked bad. it wasn't a tough fix though. just some cutting and welding.

Has anyone used the repop front valance & how was the fit? Mine has several dings & is cracked at the top in the center. I am considering replacing it instead of trying to repair mine.

Mike.

Mike: same problem with my original. After I stripped off all the paint I welded the crack in mine. Based on what I have seen with your project you have the skills to weld repair the crack. The bodywork will smooth out the rest. I would stay with the original. I also did a slight mod and removed the front licence plate mounts. Here in NC we don't have front plates and it will give the front end a clean look.

Mike: same problem with my original. After I stripped off all the paint I welded the crack in mine. Based on what I have seen with your project you have the skills to weld repair the crack. The bodywork will smooth out the rest. I would stay with the original. I also did a slight mod and removed the front licence plate mounts. Here in NC we don't have front plates and it will give the front end a clean look.

Mine is cracked exactly where yours was. I guess I will stay bwith the original & repair it. Thanks for the encouragement, that will be a winter in the garage project.

Mike.