Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Question for 69-70 vert owners

Would you join a 3rd gen convertible group at a MCA regional or national show?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a 3rd gen convertible group at a MCA regional or national show?

• No thanks, not interested
    • Maybe, only if it was close to home
    • Interesting idea, I would try to attend.
    • Great idea, I'd defnitely attend.
    • I regularly attend shows anyway, I'd join in.

I just got my car on the road, I've never attended a car show. But if someone (not me) were to propose a contingency of us 69-70 convertible owners converge on a regional or national MCA show, would you be interested? Very few 69-70 verts were produced, I think it would be kinda cool, even though my car doesn't belong at a judged MCA show...

If it was close and car is done. I would go. I wont go to be judged but to hang out with others.

Good point I forgot to post. It wouldn't be about concours level MCA judging, just a bunch of 3rd gen verts all together in the same place at the same time, including one or two concours cars...

I dont have a trailer and would like to show the car because it is a GT but dont want to be perfect. Want to be able to drive so adding t5 and maybe some suspension upgrades. Pull original engine and driveline and store it away to protect it. I should will have it done by next summer, Plan on taking it to woodward dream cruise.

I'd go- I never see 69 verts (though there are two 70 verts near me) Would need to be east coast (and if up north must be april to sept) as my car is rust free and I want to keep it that way. I don't wanna be judged (my car is essentially original with new paint/top) but orig interior, motor (even wearing orig engine paint) It looks slightly ratty (the orig stuff) to most- but mustangers seem to enjoy seeing what orig even looks (or looked) like. But judged? I'd get laughed out of the place- One thing though- for those of us lucky enough to have more than 1 stang- I would need to have the 65 within eyesight (I assume we would want the verts together) but no way leaving one unattended. So if we try to pull this off- I would want the ability to bring another mustang and have it close (but not necessarily within the vert group)

Why they are not seen is the low numbers made then of course, age and ect.

1969 convert production numbers

Standard equipment 11,307 produced

Deluxe equipment 3,439 produced

1970 convert production numbers

Standard equipment 6,199

Deluxe equipment 1,474

So they are both hard to find but I like them. Would be nice to see more than one somewhere lol. Not too often it happens. Production number before 69 where much higher. 1968 there were 25,000. that was a big drop

Edited by 69droptopgt

I'd go- I never see 69 verts (though there are two 70 verts near me)

Why they are not seen is the low numbers made then of course, age and etc.

That's exactly why the idea is getting tossed around - you rarely see one, let alone several at once!. It looks like there might be some interest, cool.

As far as the concerns about judging, I agree as my car is no trophy winner either, but keep in mind trailered concours is only one class -- there are unrestored and daily driver classes where original faded paint and worn decals actually get respect. A class for modified cars also. I think there are several cars on this site that would hold their own in the right class.

Well just got back from beaumont...Me and my wife had fun there..I thought I would be the only 69 droptop there but mid day saturday another one showed up could not find the owner..he was selling it..lots of nice 69s so many R codes and 1 boss nine.....

"We are a rare breed"

Which makes me doublie amazed at how many of us have found there way here, everytime I blink seems we have another new vert owner on the board which is just fantastic.