Sign in to follow this  
69gmachine

Aussie falcon question

Question for our friends down under: Does the falcon AUII-BA use the same wheel bolt pattern as American cars (5x4.5) or is it metric? I'm looking for a source of oversize rotors that would bolt on with no modifications. If not, are there any older Fords that used the 5x4.5 pattern?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

They would be definately metric.There are plenty of after market rotars available but cant tell you much more about it unfortunately.There are a few ozzy ford forums if you search google.Cheers

Edited by 9RO1M

Thanks for all the replies, and thanks for the link Machattack, I guess I will join the Aussie Mustang forum and post some questions there.

I'm using Corvette C5 PBR front calipers that I had to grind the Corvette script off of. I was doing some searching and found out PBR makes an upgrade disc brake kit for the Falcon that uses the same caliper but instead of "Corvette" it has "PBR" and they're powder coated red. Ultimately I want to have some shipped over so I can offer them with my Wilwood spindle kits.

They also have an upgrade rotor in the same kit that may be of use. It's 32mm (1.25) thick, which is a much more common size than the US Fords 1.1(SN95) and 1.2 ('05 up) sizes.

Hi, all aussie falcons use the same bolt pattern.

AU series 2 and 3 use a 287mm disc (series 1 use in integral hub)

BA-BF falcon use a 298mm disc

Also have a look at Ford Territory SUV discs- they use Falcon components and are a 322mm diameter disc rotor thats 28mm thick and the same 2 spot corvette callipers

If you want any info on AU or BA, let me know. I part out quite a few of them here at home as a bit of a hobby and for some pocket money. Right at this moment I have 3 complete AU's in my yard plus also this front end from an 05 BA MKII which I removed earlier this week. I was planning on listing it tonight as I sold another set last night but can hold off if you like.

IMAG2107.jpg

IMAG2105.jpg

If you want any info on AU or BA, let me know. I part out quite a few of them here at home as a bit of a hobby and for some pocket money. Right at this moment I have 3 complete AU's in my yard plus also this front end from an 05 BA MKII which I removed earlier this week. I was planning on listing it tonight as I sold another set last night but can hold off if you like.

Thanks Ash. Can you tell me what the center to center distance is on the mounting bolts for the basket to the spindle?

Hi, all aussie falcons use the same bolt pattern.

AU series 2 and 3 use a 287mm disc (series 1 use in integral hub)

BA-BF falcon use a 298mm disc

Also have a look at Ford Territory SUV discs- they use Falcon components and are a 322mm diameter disc rotor thats 28mm thick and the same 2 spot corvette callipers

Thanks for the info Shaun. The Corvette that used a 28mm (1.1") rotor was a special edition C4. It's the same caliper that was used on the Cobra and Mach 1 SN-95 Mustangs.

I'm interested in the C5 'vette PBR caliper that was used with a 32mm (1.25") rotor. PBR makes 2 versions of this caliper, one is gravity cast (used on Camaros and Trans Ams here) and the other is pressure cast (used on Corvettes and sold in the aftermarket by Baer and others). It's also sold in Australia as part of an upgrade kit for the BA Falcon.

The 32mm (1.25") rotor is a common aftermarket width here, but mostly I'm interested in a source for the caliper. If the rotors have a 4.5" bolt pattern (which they should as that was apparently the OEM wheel pattern) then I might be able to use the upgrade rotors as well, which would potentially make purchasing the entire BA kit worthwhile.

I will look into the Territory SUV. That's a nice size rotor (12.67") that should work with 16" wheels.

Thanks Ash. Can you tell me what the center to center distance is on the mounting bolts for the basket to the spindle?

Sorry, better check what you mean first before I get a measurement. Sorry I think this is a common mix up with American terminology and ours and I'm not 100% sure which parts you are referring to.

Wont be a problem though, will have a look today.

I will look into the Territory SUV. That's a nice size rotor (12.67") that should work with 16" wheels.

Don't think you will have any luck with that. Territory's come with a minimum 17 inch wheel, including the spare which is a steel rim. I've tried to slip a steel 16inch rim on one of my Territory's in the past and it didn't clear the caliper.

Sorry, better check what you mean first before I get a measurement. Sorry I think this is a common mix up with American terminology and ours and I'm not 100% sure which parts you are referring to.

Wont be a problem though, will have a look today.

I would upload a picture but my modem died at home so I lost my internet connection. I should be back on line this Saturday.

I can't tell from your pictures if the BA calipers are an internal Ford sourced product or PBR, but the new Ford calipers on American cars are based on the PBR design.

The PBR floating caliper uses a fixed basket that bolts directly to the steering knuckle (often referred to here as a spindle although technically the spindle is just the portion that the wheel bearings slide on). The caliper is attached to the basket with floating pins that allow the caliper to self adjust. I'm interested in the bolt spacing on the basket to steering knuckle, not the pins on the caliper.

Don't think you will have any luck with that. Territory's come with a minimum 17 inch wheel, including the spare which is a steel rim. I've tried to slip a steel 16inch rim on one of my Territory's in the past and it didn't clear the caliper.

OK, thanks again lots of good info! There are plenty of options already available for a mid range sized rotor, so this wouldn't be worth pursuing.

Definitely a PBR Aussie made calliper. I've tried to get some clear shots of the casting for you. Let me know if there are any more details I can get you. I've now sold this set-up and I don't have any more BA ones at the moment. It'll still be a few days until this is picked up I would say. Still have a few AU ones but they use a slightly smaller calliper and rotor. But happy to get more info on them too if you like.

IMAG2115.jpg

IMAG2114.jpg

IMAG2122.jpg

IMAG2123.jpg

IMAG2117.jpg

IMAG2118.jpg

Not sure if this casting is of any use but thought I'd add it.

IMAG2119.jpg

the same but of a different angle

IMAG2121.jpg

IMAG2116.jpg

Edited by Ash

Excellent! great pics. It looks like 13 cm or 5.1 inches. The caliper looks very much like the 4G Camaro/Trans Am caliper which is dimensionally identical to the C5 caliper. Can you also tell me What the rotor thickness is and the spacing on the sliding pins? The dimensions on the basket may be unique to that application, I'll have to take some measurements when I get home.

Thanks again Ash, you've been a great help!

**Edit** I took a closer look at the pictures and modified my comment.

Edited by 69gmachine
spelling, second look at the pics