Sign in to follow this  
69_Mustang

What wheels are you running on your 'Stang?

I was under the (apparently wrong) impression that you couldn't squeeze the new wheels under. Did you have to trim the fender well. Are they the 20x8.5 and 20x10? What size tire are you running? thanks

well yes and no. if you have an original brake disc/drum setup the 9" width of the wheel will interfere with the a-arm. If you buy the correct spacer or adapter a 9" width wheel will fit perfectly with no issues.

only problem is, it is bad to run spacers.

I have the Vintage venom brake Kit that use's a "spacer" but instead of riding on the top of the rotor it actually sits beneath it. as for fender rolling i've herd yes you would have to roll them some say no. I guess it would really depend on how robust and width the tire is.

Im sure others on here can chime in, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

nice looking mustang you got there. not a fan of the wheel but they sure make the car "pop" I have gloss black fr500's myself can't wait to take more pics when my car is done.

thanks rwcstang .. yeah its something different ..... post some pics.. im finishing up the brake lines on the vintage venom install.

finally installed these this weekend so i thought i would share ... 94-98 24mm GT4 from American Muscle 18x9 all 4 corners 275x35x18:thumbup: they only make the chrome and black versions now in 18x9

How much clearance do you have on the front in relation to the wheel and upper ball joint? With the spacers, how much back spacing is there? I know some people on this site who have installed 18 x 9 on the front and ran into scrubbing problems. The reason I ask is I really want to run the same size tire (275-35-18) on the front of mine, I am still going to mock up the front, once I get there. Just thinking ahead. Nice looking ride, I like the wheel, and paint combo.

How much clearance do you have on the front in relation to the wheel and upper ball joint? With the spacers, how much back spacing is there? I know some people on this site who have installed 18 x 9 on the front and ran into scrubbing problems. The reason I ask is I really want to run the same size tire (275-35-18) on the front of mine, I am still going to mock up the front, once I get there. Just thinking ahead. Nice looking ride, I like the wheel, and paint combo.

Check out post 503 http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showpost.php?p=99580&postcount=503

More than 1/8 inch ... At first we thought we had a clearance problem... The 18" rim slightly rubbed the top of the ball joint dome With the tie rod end not connected and the car up on jack stands at the frame...and no sway bar connected... And a pro motorsports negative wedge kit .. needless to say with everything connected as it should ... No clearance problems with the vintage venom GT500 kit... So far lock to lock with the TCP manual rack nothing hits... I plan on installing a front chin spoiler... Which probably will need trimming.. The track width is in line with the wheel lip. So I plan on rolling the lip...

Edited by stangme428

thanks rwcstang .. yeah its something different ..... post some pics.. im finishing up the brake lines on the vintage venom install.

let me know how how the brake kit performs! been itchin' to take it for a ride.. but I need tires! lol GL with your build!

I am running Vintage Wheel Works Vintage 45s. I am looking for someone who can powder coat the centers black and the rims silver

5f6477c2.jpg

7d42dd31.jpg

Edited by BigDuke6

Is anyone running a concave wheel setup of any sort? I love the look on the new 'stangs and would be curious what they would look like on the muscular lines of a 69-70.

What new stangs are running concave wheels? Don't believe I've seen any.

Bob

yeah i was wondering what these would look like on a 69/70 also ..

33782G94_icon?&$200thumb$

sizes are 18x8, 18x9, 19x8.5 etc which are nice.. Black AMR

I think if you get a nice series tire and make custom wheel flares on the fenders and quarter panels (like "agent 47" 69 mustang) I think it would look nice.

Those FR500 wheels look GREAT on our cars. PowerShift has a post in the Garage section with a pic of the owner of Baer Brakes 69. Belive it was April of last year.