Sign in to follow this  
69_Mustang

What wheels are you running on your 'Stang?

Well Ill be watching this thread closely.

just planing a rebuild at the moment and looking at wider rims, haven't deciced on a style yet.

I have 18x8 and 17x7 Coys at the moment and looking at maybe 18x10 and 17x8, curious as to best backspace/offset, not too concerned about massaging the guards to get clearences, How wide can I go without changing to coil overs etc. I have noticed some hear have gone 11" on the rear.

cheers

Lee

118.jpg

Edited by LEE 69

I'll play....

Vintage Wheel Works V48, in 17". 17X8 front with 255/40/17, 17X9 rear with 285/40/17, Nitto 555 Extremes on all four corners. Since this photo was taken it now has big 4 wheel Disc brakes, 3" ARP studs on all four wheels, and extended Trans Am style lug nuts.

33vi7au.jpg

Looks fantastic Powershift! Any pictures with the new upgrades?

I am looking at doing something similar with my 70' Boss clone. Along the lines of this photo with Boss blackout treatment, stripes, and minilites.

Edited by xplane

ebay knockoffs of bullit wheels...17x8 front with 245/45's and 17x9 in rear with 275/40's. btw powershift, I've always loved your wheels and will prob get those at some point in the future!

Edited by cavboy78

Thanks man. I should clarify a bit though. I do like them on the driver side. It's the passenger side that kinda bugs me. Since the spokes are directional, they point forward on the driver side and backwards on the passenger side. It's that lack of symmetry that sometimes bothers me.

I do, however, love the way torque thrust and bullits look in these cars!

Ive got centerline "sun ray" wheels. 17x7 and 18x9.5. Im not too crazy about them. I bought them back in high school because I wanted something different. I kinda regret that choice now haha.
Your car looks fantastic dude.I wish i had a 69 black jade coupe.Oh yeah thats right i do :thumbup:

I'll play....

Vintage Wheel Works V48, in 17". 17X8 front with 255/40/17, 17X9 rear with 285/40/17, Nitto 555 Extremes on all four corners. Since this photo was taken it now has big 4 wheel Disc brakes, 3" ARP studs on all four wheels, and extended Trans Am style lug nuts.

i love these wheels...big money, and there are no good 'knock offs' out there.

Looks like the guys at Image did a pretty good job on it too. Have you got it back together yet?
Hi mate they do great work thats for sure.Really good after service aswell in regards to advice and also stock a wide range of mustang parts aswell which is pretty handy.As for my car, progress has been slower than i would like.Hopefully should have all cowell panels grill bumpers fitted in the next couple of weeks.I will post some pics when its at that stage.Cheers mate.

finally installed these this weekend so i thought i would share ... 94-98 24mm GT4 from American Muscle 18x9 all 4 corners 275x35x18:thumbup: they only make the chrome and black versions now in 18x9

nice looking mustang you got there. not a fan of the wheel but they sure make the car "pop" I have gloss black fr500's myself can't wait to take more pics when my car is done.

finally installed these this weekend so i thought i would share ... 94-98 24mm GT4 from American Muscle 18x9 all 4 corners 275x35x18:thumbup: they only make the chrome and black versions now in 18x9

nice looking mustang you got there. not a fan of the wheel but they sure make the car "pop" I have gloss black fr500's myself can't wait to take more pics when my car is done.