69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

On 12/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, JayEstes said:

So THAT... is an integrated, bumper/front valence and airdam?  fabbed out of fiberglass?  Interesting!  Lot's of work in that I can tell.  Keep us posted.

Yup, yup and yup, a lot of work. Had the oem brackets sandblasted and currently modifying them. No pics of the brackets at this time. Here's a fairly recent pic without the brackets. Skim coated the lower part with kitty hair to level it out and have since sanded down. It's been on hold for a month and a half now due to some minor house remodeling the wife wanted done. New flooring & paint.

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

Trying to fit a Scott Drake oval air cleaner to my Edelbrock Performer, but the spacer they provided is too high.  When it's removed it's too low and the base plate looks like it's touching the moving carb components. 

Does anyone know of a fix or if there's a shallower spacer please?

38622140424_e2296a3e45_b.jpg

39300508862_57cd2880d2_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Thin Lizzy said:

Trying to fit a Scott Drake oval air cleaner to my Edelbrock Performer, but the spacer they provided is too high.  When it's removed it's too low and the base plate looks like it's touching the moving carb components. 

Does anyone know of a fix or if there's a shallower spacer please?

38622140424_e2296a3e45_b.jpg

39300508862_57cd2880d2_b.jpg

Just work out what height you want it and trim the spacer down to suit. 

Ok, went back to work on the car today. Got a lot of little things done, nothing to crow about, but I did run into a snag. I'm putting the blower motor back in now that the AC/heater box is in place and I"m having a bit of difficulty getting it to both mate with the plenum and line up all the bolt holes. I'm about an inch off. Does anyone have any tips other than perseverance?

4 hours ago, JD08 said:

Are you planning in wrapping those or using flex loom on it?

Once I am done running all the wires I will be wrapping them all in the TechFlex I wrapped the interior harnesses with.

MustangRoad.jpg.4c2f78ede015b29e67fcf4b5bc27efa0.jpg

I'm new here and I found this forum while doing research for 70 heater core replacement video. I did find it here. I ordered a bushing kit for my sloppy gear shift for my automatic transmission. Yesterday I reassembled my instrument cluster with a new circuit board, lenses and led bulbs. I also worked on the engine bay wiring and installed a refurbished Dixco hood tach from The Tachman. I had to remove my MSD 6AL tach adapter and rewire directly from the 6AL box for the new upgrade. Anyone need a working 8920 tach adaptor? I'm in the middle of a restoration and I've disassembled and painted and putting it back together now.

Rob

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_296.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23d.jpg

Thanks Mike65 and JD08. I'm back from a 4 day weekend. Yes the top photo is from around 2000 after my 1st make over. Before that I was showing. Placed 2nd in the 1998 MCA Grand Nationals in Houston in the daily driver division and participated in a few local shows. After that I drove it on a regular basis to work and pleasure on good days until 2008 when I put it away. I was working a lot and didn't have enough time with the constant upkeep it needed. I found myself with a lot of time on my hands after working in the oil & gas field until last year so I decided to do a full restore. 

Today I finished cleaning out the interior preparing to put it back together. I organized the speaker and amplifier wires between the trunk and a back seat separator I made. Working my way forward.

IMG_0561.jpg

Removed the heater core today. I purchased one some 10 years ago and can't find it. I've sleep since then. Oh well! I'll keep looking while I wait for the hoses to come in. I have been dreading this job for a long time. Seems like it will still bite me if I don't find the new core.