Jump to content
69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Recommended Posts

Swapped out the fuel sending unit, radiator hoses and adjusted the carb on my daughter's 67 Coupe.

Now the gas gauge works! Yay

Car idles well and drives even better.

Lastly the old blistered hoses are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100_0616_zps49f5ae3c.jpg?t=1393195843

 

I used some sheet metal screws & temp installed the l/s front inner fender panel to make sure all the fender bolt holes lined up, good to go. Time to weld it all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the 69 in for front end alignment today to correct a pull to the left. It needed an alignment after the shock towers were repaired. It really drives nice. The front end shop I used is expert in suspension for classic cars and race cars.

 

The specs used are:

 

Camber .2 L and .2 R

Caster 5.8 L and 6.2 R

Toe In .15 L and .17 R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorted out the last of my list of parts to order, including parts to sure-up the AOD. Torque converter, Baumann recal kit, Sonnax super servo and boost valve kit, and a fresh fitler an fluid. I'd love to do the 2" overdrive band, hardened input shaft, and spiral spring kit, but I'm optimistic the trans will have a chance at life with the parts I'm ordering for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge gap behind/under rear quarter windows. Car already painted, gap strip either not installed, not installed correctly, or damaged. Prepped area, tape off, filled gap with duraglass, sealed with seam sealer, painted. Not concourse quality, but will work for a driver and keeps water out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gap around rear window, let in enough water to fill side trunk areas. Filled with open cell foam from fuel tank baffling, applied gray silicone over foam (to better match paint color), then applied clear silicone between body and stainless over gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reproduction sail panels got wet (brand new with stickers still on) and the cheap cardboard warped (thank you gap around back window). fit like crap anyway. Made new ones using corrugated plastic, covered in heavy vinyl, 3m spray foam, velcro fasteners. Fits down to aftermarket package tray without side trim pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...