69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Curious, what headers did you go with and will they mate directly to your Magnaflow exhaust system? Additionally, if you don't mind, please advise on the hook up of your Magnaflow system. I have this system as well, but noted before purchasing it that there were those who had fitting issue with it.

Thanks,

John

hey john, I went with JBA shorties.

i had a different set of headers but i kept having fitment issues...hopefully this one will fit okay. As for the exhaust they came in pieces the shop im taking it to will make it nice and tight. the Kit I ordered had turn downs but I decided to extend them to the rear to keep cabin noise down.

are those from a newer mustang?

Got a set out of a 98 Mustang Coupe. Bought new foam and vinyl upholstery thru CJ Pony (TMI). Modified the seat rails from my old seats. Love the way look and feel.

hey john, I went with JBA shorties.

i had a different set of headers but i kept having fitment issues...hopefully this one will fit okay. As for the exhaust they came in pieces the shop im taking it to will make it nice and tight. the Kit I ordered had turn downs but I decided to extend them to the rear to keep cabin noise down.

Those are the headers I went with as well. Your Magnaflow system is probably the same kit as mine, #15816. Will you go with stainless lead pipes? What are you running for a trans?

Those are the headers I went with as well. Your Magnaflow system is probably the same kit as mine, #15816. Will you go with stainless lead pipes? What are you running for a trans?

still debating on that.. lol im broke, and still tryin to save up for tko600, my current trans is a fully built c4 from PA performance. its just for now untill I get my 5speed. :D

I removed the tranny pan from the FMX, removed the old filter, cleaned up the pan and the bolts yuck! I will paint the bolts and the pan tomorrow. I will also add a drain plug to the pan, new filter and gasket with some gorilla snot and then refill it with type F tranny fluid. Wish me luck

I removed the tranny pan from the FMX, removed the old filter, cleaned up the pan and the bolts yuck! I will paint the bolts and the pan tomorrow. I will also add a drain plug to the pan, new filter and gasket with some gorilla snot and then refill it with type F tranny fluid. Wish me luck

DO NOT put any sealer on the trans pan gasket. IIRC when I worked for Ford they said never to use any sealer on the trans pan gasket.

Today (well actually yesterday), I added a ground wire to the points plate on my distributor. It made the pertronix work correctly.

Now I can finally drive my car and it runs like it should - for the first time since I bough it.

th_100_0468_zpsa7553f04.jpg?t=1367785937th_100_0467_zps29486d7a.jpg?t=1367785932

Between yesterday & today I filled in the 2 stamped holes in the r/s trunk drop off patch panel that are the wrong sizes, & cut out the rotted spot of the front lower section of the r/s inner wheel house where it meets the outer wheel house & fitted the patch piece.

today I installed the drain plug, and the new filter. I am ready to paint the pan and bolts but it's been raining like crazy for the past few days and won't stop till Tuesday according to the weather man. I want to paint them outside to keep the fumes out of the garage.

I "Prayed" for my Mach 1.

She is supposed to be finished with restoration in less than 3 weeks .... Interior needs to put back in, painted and the front drums still need to be swapped out with discs.

:cursing: Resto shop has had it since early Dec. They promised me that I would get the keys a couple days before Memorial Day weekend. Since Dec, the only thing that was done by the shop was sending out for paint and it coming back looking like crap ... the primer looked better imho.

:crying:

I have wired it for a real nice stereo system with amp and woofer, put in working electronic key fob actuated door locks and trunk release.

The resto shop owner says don't worry, that it will be done. I am stressing cuz I have had plans made since Dec to go see dad before he passes Memorial Day weekend.

Ok ..... rant off :sleep:

I "Prayed" for my Mach 1.

She is supposed to be finished with restoration in less than 3 weeks .... Interior needs to put back in, painted and the front drums still need to be swapped out with discs.

:cursing: Resto shop has had it since early Dec. They promised me that I would get the keys a couple days before Memorial Day weekend. Since Dec, the only thing that was done by the shop was sending out for paint and it coming back looking like crap ... the primer looked better imho.

:crying:

I have wired it for a real nice stereo system with amp and woofer, put in working electronic key fob actuated door locks and trunk release.

The resto shop owner says don't worry, that it will be done. I am stressing cuz I have had plans made since Dec to go see dad before he passes Memorial Day weekend.

Ok ..... rant off :sleep:

I know how you feel, my car is still in the shop since Sept... lol

Nothing picture worthy, just working on the trunk drop off patch panel. I could not find a hole saw the proper size for the hole in the trunk drop off panel so I traced out the hole with a sharpie & drilled a bunch of small holes to get the majority of the hole open & just using my dremel to enlarge it to the proper size. I will take a pic when it is done.

Mike.

Saturday I pulled the cover off for the first time this year, adjusted the clutch and took it for a test drive. Success!

So far this week all I've done is browse vendor websites for pricing on upholstery and trunk mats and/or carpet. Still debating TMI Sport seat vs standard.

today I filled the FMX trans with 6 Quarts of type F fluid and only took out 5 plus a little bit when I dropped the pan. Funny huh. I did not check the level before dropping the pan, so it could have been low and I did not know. oh well all is well. Its not leaking anymore and the tranny is working fine...on to the next project !!!YIPEE!