69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Rebuilt my 735 CFM 428 CJ Carb. Soaked the parts in Chemdip for 2 days prior (the old stuff before they made it "green" to appease the EPA would have been 2 hours.) Figure I'll try one of the NAPA rebuild kits. By the way CJ owners, if you buy a CJ rebuild kit from CJ Pony parts, they will send you a NAPA kit, not the Holley kit. Probably cheaper to just got to NAPA and buy it even with free shipping.

Yesterday I glass beaded the crank and water pump pulleys and the alternator brackets and repainted them semi-gloss black with Duplicolor.

Going to a bigger electric water pump. Part of where the fuel pump mounts on the timing cover will interfere with the radiator hose.

IMG_1402.jpg

Decided to just cut off part of the mount on the timing cover to make room for the hose.

IMG_1464.jpg

reading this thread just kills me. For the past 3 months, I've just gotten to "look" my Mustang, as it's resting under it's car cover....while I wait for the -4F weather to warm up enough to touch it again :) Damn winter!!

So what did I do to my Mustang today? Well, I looked at it again!

reading this thread just kills me. For the past 3 months, I've just gotten to "look" my Mustang, as it's resting under it's car cover....while I wait for the -4F weather to warm up enough to touch it again :) Damn winter!!

So what did I do to my Mustang today? Well, I looked at it again!

at least you looked at it.. my car is still in the shop. :(

Looking forward to what you have planned!

thanks!

I wanted to go with the Conv. Shelby spoiler but I don't like the tail its too tall. Also, alot of ppl complained about fitment etc...

but I might do this instead if not Ill make my own spoiler.

0004_zps45ca85a0.jpg

thanks!

I wanted to go with the Conv. Shelby spoiler but I don't like the tail its too tall. Also, alot of ppl complained about fitment etc...

but I might do this instead if not Ill make my own spoiler.

That one would be cool. Ever think about making a rear diffuser? That piece that goes underneath the rear end to reduce lift :D

Something like this: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8h66gr4MXfCBSMFVHGzGG5YE98MZ2G5Dunxy8D7RuBx_RocV8RQ

my plan is to replace the pedals today. wish me luck

I replaced the parking brake and trim, No problems, easypeasy!

I replaced the original brake pedal. It fell apart in my hand as I was removing it. 40+ years and all, no wonder. The new pedal went on great but the new trim piece- wrong! not long enough, I re-used the original one, it was in great shape.

I saw that the original gas pedal was hard plastic with a trim piece. I could not find anywhere a repro with the trim on it. So I installed a 65-66 pedal with trim. It is a metal pedal with a rubber foot pad and it has a trim piece attached. To me, much better quality. The mount is wider and it has two holes for the attachment screw. The original screw would not go through the smaller of the two holes. So I opened it up with a drill bit sightly larger than 13/64. The spring now attaches inside the mount instead outside the mount as it was originally attached. Cool huh!