69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Do they all make a loud GRAUNCH should from rear left going over speed bumps? Sounds like drive Drive shaft hitting speed bump maybe ?

she makes similar noise on hard acceleration like maybe an axle tapping a spring ?

On 11/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, SHELBY69 said:

Do they all make a loud GRAUNCH should from rear left going over speed bumps? Sounds like drive Drive shaft hitting speed bump maybe ?

she makes similar noise on hard acceleration like maybe an axle tapping a spring ?

Check your rear shock absorber, sound like worn out rubber mount.

Finally pulled out the original I6 250  a day ago and I just ordered some convertible inner rockers with the convertible seat pan. 

I have a lot of support and motivation from my family to get this project done so Its all im focused on right now

IMG_20201126_140810_878.jpg

5 hours ago, lalojamesliz said:

Finally pulled out the original I6 250  a day ago and I just ordered some convertible inner rockers with the convertible seat pan. 

Atta boy! Just be aware that convertible seat riser will raise your seats one inch. 

On 11/28/2020 at 10:03 AM, RPM said:

Atta boy! Just be aware that convertible seat riser will raise your seats one inch. 

I read on another forum that a guy shortened them but it could have reduced the stiffness the add. 

Maybe its something a cutoff wheel and my welder can fix. I'll find out.

Glad your still around! I bolted that crossmember and it fit perfect Bob. I even lifted my front end and it worked as I hoped it will. 

I'm a long ways away from installing that 408w but ill find out if it clears the pan I got for it.  

If you're going to do some cutting and splicing, I'd wager it'd be easier to splice the center hump from the one piece to your lower profile original seat risers. That's what I did anyway. 

Thinking of installing new seats. Maybe from the new GT500 if they fit. I’d reupholster them in white w blue stitching. Better for my race harnesses I installed cus I don’t fit in those weird 1969 shoulder belts.

6363595B-BCA5-44B4-A812-4864366971EF.jpeg

My hi-fi sound system needed some attention as the sound was scratchy when turning the volume up or down and the cassette player was not reading. So I opened it up to clean the volume potentiometer and see what was wrong with the cassette not reading. Looks like the tape head is burned out and I do not have a head to replace it with so I improvised and added auxiliary input and bluetooth to it. 3 way switch that switches between the radio/cassette (if/when I find a head to replace), Aux input and bluetooth. 1st picture is radio/cassette mode and 2nd picture is bluetooth mode; the switch is hidden in plain sight on these pictures, let's see who is going to find it first. 3rd picture are the parts I used.

IMG_0873 cropped.jpg

IMG_0874 cropped.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Converted my headlights to LED, The lens housing are crystal clear (not bad looking) for a good price too. $199.00 best conversation imo, really bright at night!
if you want the OEM look I recommend buying these: https://www.octanelighting.com/5-3-4-stock-glass-metal-headlight-18-24w-6k-led-h4-lamp-light-bulb-headlamp-set.html

IMG_5939.JPG

7 hours ago, rwcstang said:

Converted my headlights to LED, The lens housing are crystal clear (not bad looking) for a good price too. $199.00 best conversation imo, really bright at night!
if you want the OEM look I recommend buying these: https://www.octanelighting.com/5-3-4-stock-glass-metal-headlight-18-24w-6k-led-h4-lamp-light-bulb-headlamp-set.html

They look good. I wonder if they are really DOT/SAE approved as they advertise. Since its probably low sales volume and testing/approvals are expensive, I don't recall ever seeing this claim for our 5-3/4 size. The problem is that oncoming traffic could be blinded by an inappropriate beam pattern, and fog or rain could also be an issue. I may bounce this off Stern Lighting just to get his response. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

They look good. I wonder if they are really DOT/SAE approved as they advertise. Since its probably low sales volume and testing/approvals are expensive, I don't recall ever seeing this claim for our 5-3/4 size. The problem is that oncoming traffic could be blinded by an inappropriate beam pattern, and fog or rain could also be an issue. I may bounce this off Stern Lighting just to get his response. Thanks.

for the ones I have, they do say DOT SAE on the lens, but if its actually approved, Im not sure. However, the ones with the OEM look may be DOT/SAE Approved. I will take pictures at night and share with you all. 

19 hours ago, rwcstang said:

Looks great!  harnesses hook to original?  No mods anywhere to put them in?

I repaired the shifter on my 69 SCJ, when restoring the car I decided on using the original ford shifter (not my best decision) but I kept missing second gear and grinding reverse, after disassembly I found both the sheetmetal and wire springs to be broken, so I got a kit from WCCC. The kit is good (although somewhat pricey) and includes most of the normal stuff you need,  the one thing I had to fab is the big rubber washer which plays a big role in keeping the shifter plates aligned, too bad it isn’t included in the kit as this is an obvious wear part (mine was cracked). I fabbed a spacer from a big plastic washer (from a window mechanism) and a steel washer as backing plate, also threw in an o ring to maintain at least a bit of side play. It is working good but I will have to see how it holds up.

D869BE1A-D281-414C-AE3E-2268CC58A734.jpeg

757CB6FA-1DF5-45AB-A761-D71BCF5145B2.jpeg

540EA97B-52F6-4BE4-BDCC-7C95283ACF4F.jpeg

845B5A08-4435-44E5-A2BB-9905516B96DC.jpeg

D51619D0-856F-4318-AB6A-33ED42B7D251.jpeg

89CD471E-0155-4C86-9E9F-0C4CB9F9AC46.jpeg

On 2/16/2021 at 6:19 PM, RPM said:

Wait, what? You gots to tell us all about your 69 SCJ. And pics, we need pics!

It’s a barn find (old drag racer) I found years ago, I just “finished” (hate that word) restoring/modding the car last year, the previous owner passed last year and I feel terrible he didn’t get to ride in it while alive (social distancing), His wife and I did take his ashes to church on the car. Mods are: Mini tubs & narrow leaf springs, hotchkis suspension, BMW M3 front brakes, GearVendor OD, TMI seat covers, ClassicAAir A/C, it has a fairly stock 428SCJ (just a different cam and minor portIng and blueprinting)

4F6388FA-E036-426C-BB5E-1BA7BC554D16.jpeg

8BEC87AE-CD57-46A3-BD10-AF37A475F32C.jpeg

7A010338-B7D4-435E-A0BD-D00E0CA731F4.jpeg

F90ACC06-4E5C-47D8-9024-BAB02B455D26.jpeg

19AB4065-C619-40C2-82AF-E25807835348.jpeg

On 2/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, Mach1 Driver said:

Nice car, but I've always heard that the back seat has to be made narrower for minitubs, but you seem to have the stock arm rest panels in the rear, so how much depth did the mini's add? Did you make them?

Got the TCP tubs that are shaped like originals these add 2” and combined with the narrow leafs from Evergreen allow a 315 tire with enough clearance to avoid any rubbing. I did narrow the rear seat backrest, removing a section from the middle and reinforcing the joint. I also have a narrowed axle because I wanted the wheels to have dish.

BB597022-A367-4597-8011-878E6F6C2C29.jpeg

24592C39-5B47-4538-AA96-E8760C04E99B.jpeg

4FEFEC74-4BF0-4BD8-A17F-66028B0F3346.jpeg

On 2/21/2021 at 8:18 PM, mexicruiser said:

Got the TCP tubs that are shaped like originals these add 2” and combined with the narrow leafs from Evergreen allow a 315 tire with enough clearance to avoid any rubbing. I did narrow the rear seat backrest, removing a section from the middle and reinforcing the joint. I also have a narrowed axle because I wanted the wheels to have dish.

24592C39-5B47-4538-AA96-E8760C04E99B.jpeg

Did you modify the frame ?