69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

On 5/3/2020 at 6:58 AM, LEE 69 said:

Been away from here for a while, but finished up the interior this weekend

79086051_3053632601316740_6251203566501888000_n.jpg

79149648_3053632667983400_4893903676587900928_n.jpg

Great work! Any details on those trunk pieces? Custom work? And are those the light up door sills? I didn't think they were available for the 69, am I wrong or did you modify/just use a different year?

On 7/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, zach69grande said:

Great work! Any details on those trunk pieces? Custom work? And are those the light up door sills? I didn't think they were available for the 69, am I wrong or did you modify/just use a different year?

x2

and is that a custom interior?  The white looks good with the blue.

Took the plunge on Dakota Digital RTX.  No regrets.

The water temp sender, with adapter bushing,  is a bit too close to the 351C alternator top bracket.  The wire connector can't plug on to it.  Maybe D/D has a right-angle connector version of their harness.  Solution for now is to trim away much of the strain relief that is molded on to the connector.  All good.

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4573.JPG

On 4/15/2020 at 3:01 AM, Hux said:

Got bored with body work and felt the need to do something that made me feel like this resto would eventually be a driver so time to make something shiney.

So new carpet and new chrome trim (Dii Corvex) on the sports deck rear seat and now wrapped in bubble wrap and put away.

I could not get the carpet sitting nice on the floor piece that faces into the trunk - on the pre 69 they have the chrome trim.  Mainly as I have no way to staple steel at hand in reality.  Since the trim kit suits 65-70 I used the early piece to finish it.

The Dii chrome trim is actually nice, lined up with the existing holes quite well.  I would recommend it.

AC85B098-866A-4643-A882-828ED0ABAFB5.jpeg

I did the same, I always thought the 69 looked like they forgot that back piece! 

10 hours ago, EastYorkStang said:

Pulled my steering wheel off to look into my horn and turn signal problems. New flasher unit fixed the turn signals. Realized the emergency flashers are on with the horn fuse. Got the fuse just as the sun set. 

Will start again in the morning. 

FYI, the 69s and 70s are pretty similar, and my 69 has 20A fuse 7 for the EM flashers, 20A fuse 1 for the flashers and the horns are driven off a 15A circuit breaker in the light switch. 

On 9/25/2020 at 8:17 AM, Mach1 Driver said:

FYI, the 69s and 70s are pretty similar, and my 69 has 20A fuse 7 for the EM flashers, 20A fuse 1 for the flashers and the horns are driven off a 15A circuit breaker in the light switch. 

Strange. My horns always blow fuse 7 ?

2 hours ago, Midlife said:

My question as well. 

Ahhh!  I know!  It's either his Toyota, Honda, or Datsun...or it could be a picture up his youknowwhat...

His you know what has AFR heads and extractors? 

No leaking main seal is a good thing.

I kinda thought it would be obvious that the transmission is missing. Pulled the fmx, as it's been making some odd sounds since it replaced the blowed up AOD. Gonna add a third pedal for a toploader. 

I could not live w those goofy seat belts & they don’t fit me so installed proper race harnesses. Goofy seat belts still there.

New steering shaft done, waiting for deluge to recede to take her to alignment shop. Can’t wait to drive her again. They redid the exhaust after the last clown made a mess of it.

1E3311A7-91D2-41F8-9AD6-0204B2D027D5.jpeg