69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

I figured out that this month is 7 years since my car has been out of the garage.  Motivation to finish it up to drive around the block this weekend.

Last night:

• replaced the rear leaf springs and shocks
  • installed new rear axle brake lines
  • Started bleeding brakes but stopped wen it got to late

Best part was my kids are getting excited.  My nine year old daughter helped with the rear shock installation since it is a two person job.

Remaining work to get it out of the garage:

• Bleed brakes
  • set timing and tune carb
  • lower car and torque front suspension components under load.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, Thin Lizzy said:

A few weeks back I took my Mustang and Challenger along to my Son's school, as there was a car show being held there.

Here's a photo of the cars:

45669272102_f49f69a435_b.jpg

I'm jealous.  I want another 1970 or 1971 Dodge Challenger.  But, I'd have to sell my Mach 1 and just can't do that.  In my opinion, the Challenger is a better driver, but Mach 1's look better, both interior and exterior.  Anybody know why most (not all) Mopar people think their cars are valued like gold?  I have no clue.

On the lift of a friend of mine.

Figured out drive train vibration - crap driveshaft phasing - have to get another one properly shortened, fixed squeaking right rear - ebrake cable run for the rear discs was rubbing wheel, cut off the heim bolts on tie rod ends, figured out oil leak - thought pan, appears to be rear of valve covers and spacers, figured out why aftermarket fuel gauge isn't working - new sending float is sunk in the tank.

Plus a few other things - good to wrap up a few things bugging me.

StangOnLift.JPG

27 minutes ago, Protowrxs said:

On the lift of a friend of mine.

Figured out drive train vibration - crap driveshaft phasing - have to get another one properly shortened, fixed squeaking right rear - ebrake cable run for the rear discs was rubbing wheel, cut off the heim bolts on tie rod ends, figured out oil leak - thought pan, appears to be rear of valve covers and spacers, figured out why aftermarket fuel gauge isn't working - new sending float is sunk in the tank.

Plus a few other things - good to wrap up a few things bugging me.

StangOnLift.JPG

The fuel sender float seems to be the norm. Happened to me and MAC390.

15 hours ago, bigmal said:

The fuel sender float seems to be the norm. Happened to me and MAC390.

Nice - I went ahead and ordered a replacement instead of checking / soldering up the old one.

I may test the new one to be sure before I install though if I wasn't the exception. Thanks for the info!

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:30 AM, Protowrxs said:

Nice - I went ahead and ordered a replacement instead of checking / soldering up the old one.

I may test the new one to be sure before I install though if I wasn't the exception. Thanks for the info!

There is speculation in Australia that the unleaded fuel is causing the issue. Some say it is particularly with BP 97oct. My float looked fine but had a pin hole in the solder. I will try a plastic one next time it happens.

I got repop courtesy lights for the sail panels as mine are... well loved.  These have a different mounting mechanism.  I did need to bend the tabs outwards to get them to fit, but they fit.  Put LED lights in them and they look good and bright (although not as bright as that picture makes it look).

F1384A6F-16A1-46AF-B930-0F347A6E6FCE.thumb.jpeg.ada231f002194332f1598132437b9d20.jpeg735763E2-9711-48E3-92D4-D5CCEA59C667.thumb.jpeg.4015b7015a47a0d7c14f145e458d4854.jpeg

19 hours ago, Cantedvalve said:

I got repop courtesy lights for the sail panels  mine are... well loved.  These have a different mounting mechanism.  I did need to bend the tabs outwards to get them to fit, but they fit.  Put LED lights in them and they look good and bright (although not as bright as that picture makes it look).

F1384A6F-16A1-46AF-B930-0F347A6E6FCE.thumb.jpeg.ada231f002194332f1598132437b9d20.jpeg735763E2-9711-48E3-92D4-D5CCEA59C667.thumb.jpeg.4015b7015a47a0d7c14f145e458d4854.jpeg

I was looking at doing LEDs in those lights yesterday. Have replaced the rest of the courtesy lights already. 

I don’t remember having the seatbelt rub my neck before with the stock belts. I’m using the stock mounting point, so I’d assume it will be the same as stock. 

If it does rub, I’ll have to get the belts shortened to use a drop down.  They are right at the edge of “will work” and “too long”

And I am 6’2”