69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

1 hour ago, SM69Mach said:

That was the same issues I was having with the NC summer heat.  Would eventually vapor lock on me.  Would have to wait for everything to cool down, then would run again.  I upgraded to an Aeromotive In-Tank set up over the winter and so far running good.  Haven't tested it it super hot weather yet, but so far done good in the 80's.  

did you fuel inject your car? feel free to DM me with the setup you got. would like to look at other options. 

Yesterday I finished painting the frame rails, removed the old beat rear valence, and painted my brackets for the front and rear sway bars. Today I'm going to reinstall them, add a few missing grease fittings to the fresh suspension components, and work on pulling the column, brake booster, and pedal assembly to add new components and prepare for a 5 speed swap. Let's see how far I get after I finish this coffee!

....well, since I'm still the most recent post at the moment - I did it! 

Installed front and rear sway bars

installed grease fittings

pulled the column, brake booster/master cylinder, and pedal bracket

pulled all the steering linkage.

now to clean stuff up, get the cable clutch set up, and put 'er all back.... 

After battling far to long with my power steering I took apart my NEW steering valve to find out how poor and cheap  they  can be made 

You should not have to beat the valves out with a hammer and punch..

A little sanding and filing all is better....It should not be this hard!!!!!!!!!! 

Holley started acting up this morning.. didn't idle at high rpm during cold start, also when warm, when accelerating the car went nowhere fast kept acting like it wanted to die or not getting enough fuel.. scratching my head as my car was doing this last weekend. gonna check on my fuel filters and possibly break down the carb for a good cleaning. 

Got my Fitech unit back after a six month stay in sunny California. (ECU toast)

After fixing the TPS sensor that hangs below the base and binds  up when you  tighten the unit down.

Just used a thick gasket and cut it out to clear.(the sensor only had one screw in it and it was half out)

The double lock washer set up on the throttle arm  lets it ride on the threads and not the flats of the shaft..  The arm

moved back and forth apx .250 each way......Did away with the inner lock washer.... All is good!

The air sensor in the primary throttle bore is snapped off.... Currently trying to find one... Tech was of little help..

The wiring was different at the plugs in a good way.

This is unit no.4 and so far it really works like I had hoped the last three would....Time will tell.

Should not be this hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much.  She's been in the shop since October getting body and paint done.  Rumor has it we will have it home this week! Then the work starts of reassembling the interior....

But I did stop to see her today!  All the "Mustang" badging is back on, and weatherstripping was being installed! 

She's home!!  But of course, as a teacher, school starts tomorrow and I won't have time to do anything for awhile!!  Argh!

So my first order of business is to recharge the battery.  It came back quite dead, but I have a trickle charger on it now, and it's charging up!  I want to start with putting the gauge cluster back in, so I figure I need a battery so I can test that!

9DSPgJR2SPagkjhbE7Clqg.jpg

I E mailed David key for info on changing out the input shaft on my big block top loader over to a small block ,he said they interchange no problem . Going to order the shaft ,bearing retainer and ...one more time ,another road race rebuild kit ...i will shoot to kill if any one even gets close to this trany ,third time is the charm ,this one is protected by Smith and Wesson

Thanks to everyone’s help on here, I have the instrument cluster installed. I hope to goodness the speedo cable is hooked properly. That is much harder to install than it should be. The dash is a repro, and it is just sitting there because I was checking fit. Still have things to finish in there before closing her up. But I’m happy! 

C17081F1-9964-43A4-A915-549A2C43241C.jpeg

C9E0ADDE-D46B-48F7-9D9B-31C614CEF523.jpeg

The misses keeps complaining (because that's what they do) about getting in an out of the car and having noting to grab. I fitted this handle from a BMW. Surprisingly easy. Use the seat belt hook hole for the front and the doubler was in the right place for the rear.

IMG-0188.JPG

IMG-0189.JPG

2 hours ago, Cantedvalve said:

I removed, drained, cleaned, degreased, and applied bed liner to the bottom of my fuel tank.  Used a left over cup from the kids birthday party as a masking for the sender hole.

Pretty darn nice transformation. What's the inside look like?

I swapped from power to manual brakes a month or two ago. Today I plugged the power brake booster vacuum hose source on the intake which was causing a vacuum leak I couldn't find. Duh! But the hose did look at home since I couldn't see the open end. Ya big dummy. Where's that conservator I ordered?

It is a newer tank... probably 1998. It looked clean on the inside.  Here is one from this morning.  It is still a bit tacky. I don't know if I put it on too heavy... I tried not to.  Got some bugs in there too, which is the flaws you can see in the straight on shot.

image1 (1).jpeg

image1.jpeg