69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Hooked the Vacuum advance back up on my Ford Pertronix converted distributor and tuned it a bit.  First run was a disaster... lots of pinging.  Turned out the vacuum advance module was tuned to max advance.  Mine goes 13 turns side to side.   Went to 6.5 turns - pinging.   I ended up only 3.25 turns from the least amount of vacuum advance.  Hope this is enough to get some benefits.   Maybe another 5 years and I'll be completely happy with my tune.

Well Houston has been shut down and there hasn't been much to do.  So I had to work on the car!!  Zap in the front outer frame rail patches, radiator support and front aprons.  I guess there's a bright side to everything. 

I replaced my crane distributor with a MSD pro billet black dist. The MSD distributor is really nice. I fine tuned my carb with an innovate AFR.  I changed my primary jets by 1 point and am really happy how my engine runs.  I also added an adjustable PVC valve.  Nothing more to do except give it a wash and take it for a run!   

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

And thrown ,there really should be an Olympic tool trowing event ...i would be un beatable

Yeah as long as the tools are thrown at walls or out a window and not at your buddy's head because he is trying to be "helpful" in his words.....

I never was a tool thrower... worked flat rate never had time to chase after tools that were still needed.

Worked with many that would toss them 40ft across the room and out the door. Only to have to go get them..

sometimes more than one time..

On 9/12/2017 at 5:59 PM, MN69Grande said:

Yeah as long as the tools are thrown at walls or out a window and not at your buddy's head because he is trying to be "helpful" in his words.....

I said I was sorry. Let it go already.

I used to work with an old Polish guy. He didn't like cats and there was always a cat hanging around the hanger. I remember one day he through a ball pein hammer and hit it in the side. He laughed his guts out. The next moring when we got to work there was a big sloppy shit in the middle of his tool box. Now that was funny!

10 minutes ago, bigmal said:

I used to work with an old Polish guy. He didn't like cats and there was always a cat hanging around the hanger. I remember one day he through a ball pein hammer and hit it in the side. He laughed his guts out. The next moring when we got to work there was a big sloppy shit in the middle of his tool box. Now that was funny!

Now that is a funny story!

Got my conv. Out of the garage and driveable! Finally!!!!! Making decisions on wheels and tires. Dont like the all black rims and going with my crager s/s's now. These where off the other car so I painted them to see if I wanted to powdercoat them. But to much black I think so its off with them and on with old school cragers.

Screenshot_20170922-203600.png

Screenshot_20170922-203542.png

Attended the Good Guys car show at Texas Motor Speedway north of Fort Worth this Saturday with a couple of my Mustang friends. Great event with some stunning cars.

2017-09-30 15.14.57.jpg

On 9/27/2017 at 3:41 AM, 2poniesngarage said:

Got my conv. Out of the garage and driveable! Finally!!!!! Making decisions on wheels and tires. Dont like the all black rims and going with my crager s/s's now. These where off the other car so I painted them to see if I wanted to powdercoat them. But to much black I think so its off with them and on with old school cragers.

Screenshot_20170922-203600.png

Screenshot_20170922-203542.png

Nice Halos. Were did you get those?