69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

On 7/22/2017 at 8:02 AM, Mike65 said:

Max, nice pic. Your Mustang looks great. You should take another pic from that angle with the hood closed.

Thanks guys.

I will try with the hood down when I get a few minutes and the sun is not glaring.

Looks good, only one comment- paint the aluminum radiator black- its very obvious from the front. I believe the popular radiator paint comes from Eastwood.

I like the body color- what is that?? Looks really good with the black stripes and spoilers.

17 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Looks good, only one comment- paint the aluminum radiator black- its very obvious from the front. I believe the popular radiator paint comes from Eastwood.

I like the body color- what is that?? Looks really good with the black stripes and spoilers.

I prefer it looking aluminum, I think it looks better that way, just like aluminum heads. Tells people something cool is going on under the hood.

That color is the 1969 factory color Champagne Gold. Its a very pale gold, depending on the light. It almost looks different in every picture I take. I was going to leave the rear spoiler off,  but decided at the last minute I needed a dash of black to compliment the GT stripes. Thanks for the kind words.

Been working on my front bumper/lower pan/airdam a couple of evenings a week and on saturdays for a couple of weeks now. Making some progress. Brake ducts going where the front marker/turn lights were. Some smaller rectangular lights replacing them just inboard of the bumper brackets in the slot between the bumper & pan. Inspired by the Pantera.

IMG_0238.JPG

3GO.jpg

14 hours ago, RogerC said:

Been working on my front bumper/lower pan/airdam a couple of evenings a week and on saturdays for a couple of weeks now. Making some progress. Brake ducts going where the front marker/turn lights were. Some smaller rectangular lights replacing them just inboard of the bumper brackets in the slot between the bumper & pan. Inspired by the Pantera.

IMG_0238.JPG

3GO.jpg

Not quite sure what exactly I am looking at. Is that rusty metal below the valance?

Not today but yesterday. I started to repair my A-pillar that started bubbling through the new paint after only six months of being on the car. Unfortunately I opened up another can of worms. Now the door post needs replacing.

20620989_1927334390616391_1280635032791487379_n.jpg

20637936_1927334410616389_7314241776984882304_n.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, Bill_C said:

Not today but yesterday. I started to repair my A-pillar that started bubbling through the new paint after only six months of being on the car. Unfortunately I opened up another can of worms. Now the door post needs replacing.

Nice repair work (at least for the time being).  Hope you put something on all that rust to kill it for the moment anyway.  It's not a great sign if that much rust was painted over....  Hope there are no more issues....

19 hours ago, JayEstes said:

Nice repair work (at least for the time being).  Hope you put something on all that rust to kill it for the moment anyway.  It's not a great sign if that much rust was painted over....  Hope there are no more issues....

Thanks Jay. I'm gonna be cutting that out soon. I just got the Dynacorn lower Pillar today. It does look like I am going to have to make another piece in there though. Looking at my body weld manual, there is what they are calling an upper A-pillar panel piece that is not part of the Dynacorn piece. If you look at the top picture at the far left of the rust area, that is not part of the lower pillar. Unfortunately I won't know how much more metal forming I will need to do until i get it apart. There's not too much metal left that can be hiding the nasty stuff. I probably should have stayed away from this car to begin with. Check out my album and you will see what I mean. 

I finally installed my power steering hoses.  The ones I got did not have the factory bends in them I see in many pictures here so they were a little more difficult to install.  I'll use them until they leak and then look for factory style.

I also poured some fuel in the carb to see if I could get it to start, I had a few sputters of igniting fuel but need to get a buddy to come over and help me with the timing to get it going.